Chapter 32

I'm alone. I sit in a dark corner staring at where I first saw Hazel's dead body, and expect someone to bust into the abandoned building.

When I woke up, everyone was in my face and kept constantly asking me what happened and why Hazel was dead. At that moment, I felt a sudden anger build up inside me that I had to unleash, and began to claw at whoever was in my way. I don't know who I punched or clawed at,but I know someone got hurt. After that, I spotted Bella and charged at her, but Edward was too quick and grabbed me to keep me away from her. I remember feeling things that I'd never thought that I'd ever feel. I wanted to kill her.....but not just kill her. I wanted to kill her in the worst way possible, but I knew that even if I could reach her, I couldn't kill her. When I finally stopped fighting to get to her, Edward let me go. At that moment I realized what act I had just put on and rushed out of the building to the one place where they would least think I'd be. But that was three hours ago. I don't think they are even looking for me just like before. I think they know I will return in my own time, and they may be right but I don't think it will be so soon.

     I keep staring at that same spot where Hazel's body once was.  I don't don't know what they did with her. I didn't have time about it before i bagan to lash out at everyone.

     I feel odd. I think dream Hazel was right about me not being the same, because I feel inhumane. i wonder if that really was Hazel though. She seemed right about the way I would feel after I came out of my dream state.

     "Alex." I hear someone say in front of me. I look up and watch as Katniss walks over to me and sits on the ground about three feet away, with her back towards the cement wall right of me.

     I just stare at her, not wanting to speak. Since I woke up, I haven't spoken to anyone or even to myself. Instead of saying anything, I nod my head.

     "The others are going to bury Hazel in just a few hours. We can't bring her back home so we have to bury her here." She says.

     I just nod my head, and continue staring at the floor again.

     "I've been where you are now." Katniss says, leaning up against the wall behind her. "I had just lost my best friend, went through a Quarter Quell and had been lied to by Haymich who I thought, at the time, wasn't my friend." She pauses for a moment to wipe away some tears running down her cheeks. "I remember.......I remember him telling me that Peeta was taken out of the arena by the Capitol just as I was taken out by Haymich and Plutarch. After that, I was never the same. I was suppose to be the Mockingjay but didn't act like it. The games destroyed me, and, because of that, I wanted to die, but I knew that I needed to keep my little sister.....,Prim,....safe and my mother. So instead, I held onto the only hope I had left and that was that I'd get Peeta back and this war would all be over."

     I wince when I realize what she is trying to tell me. She's trying to tell me that I need to hold on to whatever hope is left, and get myself together otherwise we are stuck here in Chicago.

     I take a deep breath and look up at Katniss and stand. Just because one of us is dead, doesn't mean that we should loose another. I have seen war and I have seen death, but this war before me is not just any war. It's an opportunity. An opportunity to end all of this pain I am feeling, and this anger that I have kept inside me for somany years. It's time to end all of this madness.

     "Alex?" Katniss says questioningsly.

     I keep my eyes trained on the doorand my thoughts focused on the enemies that I will soon have to meet.

     "Ok." I say. "I'll fight."

     I march myself to the door and leave without another word.