Forgetting Him

*Bella's POV*

Ugh... I told him to forget it, but he's haunting me. I can't sleep and thoughts of him run through my head. Stupid Dash. I don't need him. If he's gonna use me then screw him.

I sighed. As angry as I am, I'm frustrated too. My first love was that stupid Jolteon. Well, I don't love him anymore, but I can't forget him. What do I do?

"Mum!"

I smiled as Bambi rammed me with her little head. She'd just finished school for the day, and it was time to head home. I ruffled the fur atop her head.

"Hey! How was school?"

She frowned and blew a raspberry.

I laughed. "Why's that?"

She shrugged. "Nothing happened."

"Well I'm sorry to hear that," said a voice behind us.

We turned around and saw a Sylveon looking at us with raised brows.

Bambi laughed nervously. "Mr. Xander, I didn't mean..."

X chuckled. "That's alright, it was a bit boring, huh?"

"Um, yeah."

"It was rhetorical question; it didn't need an answer."

"Oh," she mumbled.

I frowned but Xander smiled at me.

"Bella, I would so like to thank you for helping me with the battle lesson. Perhaps I could express my gratitude over coffee?"

Wait, did he just ask me out? Well, if I can't forget Dash, maybe I can replace him.

"Cool, when?" I replied.

Xander's smile grew even bigger. "Tomorrow afternoon?"

"Sure."

"Excellent. There is a lively little café called Ghost's Brew. I'll meet you there."

"Sounds like a plan."

"I'll see you tomorrow then. Have a good evening."

Xander turned and walked back into the school.

I smiled, rather pleased with myself. Xander's polite and sweet and honestly quite handsome.

"Come on Bambi, let's go."

The small Eevee looked at me disapprovingly.

"Don't look at me like that!"

"Are you dating Mr. Xander?"

"Pff! No! Not yet anyway."

Bambi frowned at the dirt. I smiled gently and lifted her chin.

"Hey, don't worry. I'll always have time for you."

"Yip."

Bambi turned away and started walking. She was walking slow and looking at the ground, not at all like her usual self. I sighed tiredly and followed after her. I didn't know it then, but she wasn't worried that I'd have less time for her. No, she was upset because she knew I wouldn't be spending as much time with someone else.

*******

Well, this is it. The shopfront was decorated with a purple awning and small tables lined the laneway. There were a few Pokémon already there, enjoying themselves, but I couldn't see Xander.

"Hi," said a cheery voice.

I turned around to find the Sylveon grinning at me.

"I hope you weren't waiting long. Did you find it okay?"

I smiled. "Yeah, I knew where it was already, and don't worry, I only just arrived."

"Excellent, shall we?"

"Let's."

Xander led the way inside and sat at a table by the window.

"Thank you so much for helping me with the battle lesson."

"No problem, I had fun."

"I'm glad. I don't know what I would've done without you."

"Well, even with me there who knows what would've happened if it weren't for Dash."

What am I doing bringing up Dash? I'm supposed to be forgetting him!

"Ah, right, the Mankey incident. That was unfortunate. But oh well, accidents happen."

"How is Mankey by the way?"

"She's doing well. She's coming along quickly, and we haven't had any more outbursts. You know, it wasn't the first time that had happened. She'd exploded like that before, but she's been much better lately. I can only imagine it's thanks to you that she's improved."

I blushed a little at the praise. "I'm sure you're exaggerating."

"Not at all. I can only imagine her progress is because you make a fantastic partner and I would so like to find out for myself if that is true."

Okay, slow down, too fast! This moving way to fast for me. I've gotta slow it down, but how? Um, what can I use? What's around me? Bingo. I stood from my seat and took a step towards the counter.

"I'm going to order something, would you like anything?"

"You."

"Wooaah. Okay, stop."

Xander chuckled. "You're right, I'm being brash. I'm sorry. I'm not very good with words... I merely meant... perhaps you'd like to do this again sometime? Maybe dinner?"

I smiled. "Let's see how this goes first. Would you like anything to drink?"

"Vanilla Chai please."

I nodded and approached the counter. I ordered Xander's drink and a milkshake for myself. Hey, milkshakes are good, sue me.

This date is going alright so far. At least, I think it is. This is the first time I've done this. I'm kinda nervous but Xander seems nervous too. That's funny, I don't remember ever feeling nervous around Dash. I might've worried about it by myself but when I'm around him... No! Get out of here Dash!

I shook my head to clear it. Here I am on a date and I'm going to enjoy myself. I took a deep breath in and walked back towards the table with a little extra swagger added to my hips. I smiled at Xander. The Sylveon returned the smile sweetly.

Dash? Dash who? I might've known him once, but I've forgotten him now. We're strangers.