Chapter Two

I trudged back up to Gryffindor Tower, not even bothering to acknowlede anyone. I was too tired, and too annoyed with fate to do anything except sleep.

I climbed up to the girls dorms, changed into my pajamas, and sat on my bed.

The dorm was empty. I was the only girl from our year to return after the war. Most of them just found a job and kept moving, but I had come back.

Harry and Ron had found low jobs at the ministry. I had tried to convince Harry to come back to school, finish his education and become a teacher, but he wanted to take action now.

I couldn't blame him, after everything that had happened last year, coming back was a harder decision than I imagined. But I was still determined to finish my education.

I lay down, resting my head on the soft pillow, and turned the light off. But, like most nights, I couldn't sleep. Whether it was the loneliness, or the anxiety from the events of last year, I didn't know. I just lay there, waiting for sleep.

It was annoying, sure, not getting all the sleep I needed, but it let me focus on other things: homework mainly.

Tonights focus: Draco Malfoy. His attitude had changed towards me already, he was set on contributing which was something I thought would never happen. Or at least I hoped he would, I still hadn't ruled out that maybe he just wanted watch me do our work. That didn't seem like what he had meant though.

What was his plan? What did he want? Why was he being so helpful? Especially after everything we'd been through before. This was totally out of character. What was he after?

I got up from my bed and sat at the desk by the window, jotting down some final notes for the potions homework. I stared out the window and counted all the constellations I could see.

Orion, Taurus, Gemini... It was a shame I had decided against astronomy, but I was set on doing anything that would help me get my dream job: becoming a teacher.

I had thought about being an auror, but it had brought back too many hard memories. I still wasn't decided on whether or not to be a muggle or wizarding teacher... I'd have to decide soon.

Before I knew it, the sky had turned dark, and my head rested gently on the desk as I fell asleep.

---

I woke up in a daze as the first of the sunlight burned itself into my eyes. I checked the clock I kept by my bedside table: 5:30am. Too early for class but too late to bother going back to sleep. I looked out to the fields in front of me, covered with morning dew, and made a decision.

I grabbed some clothes and changed into them, then grabbed my coat, shoes and wand, before slowly making my way down to the field.

The air was cold and there was a light breeze. The sun was just peaking up behind the forest, and the grounds were deserted. Perfect.

I walked down to the lake, and sat underneath a tree, watching the way the water flowed, and the sun slowly crept up.

"Granger" I head from behind me, and whipped my head round. "Didn't expect to see you here this early"

---

Hello again everyone! Its been a while. 😅
I would say I've been working hard, but we all know that's a lie...
But here you go, I have made another chapter for you all, and there should hopefully be a new one ready by the end of the year!
Have a Merry Christmas!!
- Author