The One

She was the purest kind of joy, the kind that had you feeling warm inside when nothing else could. She was the sun in an otherwise dark world. Her smile drove the darkness back, holding you in her unwitting snares. One could only hope they saw even a hint of that smile in their lifetime. I was the luckiest of the luckiest. She was my best friend. Her imagination was beyond anything anyone could had ever seen. We would go on adventures unbeknownst to mankind. We would laugh for hours on end and after a long, exhausting adventure we would curl up in bed, basking in the warmth of each other. The days I spent away were the worst of my life. This life just was not worth living without her. It was dark. It was cold. It was unmerciful. I despised those days. But the days with her, those were the ones worth living for. The days where she would throw that smile at me and grab my hand, running through the fields of sunflowers with me. We would spend weeks in each other's company, smiles, giggles. She was my light. The way she threw her gold hair over a shoulder and her ocean eyes called to me. I couldn't get enough. She grew, she matured and I couldn't help but see her in a new light. I now wanted to dig my hand through her golden hair and pull her down in those field of gold. I wanted her to be mine and only mine but she had others. She would spend hours in her room with her friends, painting nails and whispering about a guy called Jake. She called on me occasionally and those days Maddie it all okay. When her smile would turn to me again and set me ablaze. She grew, she matured and it was all I could do to keep from screaming at her when she would go eons without talking to me. Without looking at me. The day she donned white and said I do was the day I realized she no longer wanted me. It was the day the darkness swallowed me whole and I finally let go.

The Oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें