previously on 'sweet talk':

"Hello?" a throaty voice spoke into her ear, heavy with sleep.

"Chim..." Chaeyoung whispered breathlessly.

:::

"sorry," he said, sounding adorably confused. "im still half asleep, what did you say?"

Chaeyoung realized the silence on her end was stretching and he would end the call soon if she didn't say something, anything. She hastily cleared her throat and moistened her chapped lips, and this time spoke louder, "umm...chim? hi."

'LameLameLame whatthefuckwasthatparkchaeyoung youbetterstahp' she thought cringing immensely at herself. 

"hi?" he responded, though it sounded more like a question. "uh...who is this?"

Goddamn his voice was so smooth, even though he was just talking and was clearly just woken up, there was a certain melody in his tone that made goosebumps spread on her arms. She realized it was her turn to say something again and very intelligently said,

"it's me!"

"it's you? oh wow thanks that clears everything up, suddenly i understand!"

She almost snorted at his obvious sarcasm, now this was the Chim she was more familiar with. Feeling more of the nervousness that had been eating at her ebb away she decided to have some fun with this.

"it's me, Brenda from Rob's whorehouse, y'know 'you got the dough, we send the hoe'?" she told him believably, "well the hoe you ordered is at the front door, open up and enjoy your evening!"

Chaeyoung had to cover her mouth with her hand to keep from snickering into the phone and ruining the prank. She waited for his reply but none forth came. The call was still going though, she noted befuddled. 

"sir?" she tried again.

"first of all Brenda, imma need you to take your stupid, generic, obviously fake, white-bread-ass name and fuck off because you're talking to me in korean, with a korean phone number, from a korean city in the country of korea where we severely lack Roberts, so in conclusion: congratulations chaeng, ya played yourself."

She was shook. Okay, she admits it wasn't the best story for a prank call, but that still didn't explain how Chim knew it was her the whole time.

"how'd you know it was me though?", Chaeyoung all but whined. She could practically hear the smirk that crept up on the latter's face as he told her cheekily,

"I'm a genius, that's how"

Rolling her eyes, she guessed "if by genius, you mean you finally glanced at the caller ID then yeah, sure."

Chim laughed, (a/n: 0:00-0:02)

and Chaeng felt herself freeze. LORD TAKE ME NOW, BOOKMARK THIS MOMENT AS MY FINAL SECOND ALIVE, MY SOUL IS ASCENDING WHY IS HIS GIGGLE MY NEW DRUG!!!!!

 "oof I've been exposed"

She didn't know what else to say, and she was still distracted by his laugh so all she said was, "yep."