A Mystery Date I've Met Before

"Jordan!" I cried, rushing forwards to give her a hug.  I was holding on to her for what felt like dear life when she let out a sound that was similar to a goat's bleat.

          I pulled away and gawked at her. "Was that you?"

          "Uh," she looked as if she might puke, "The fire's spreading quickly, we better get moving."

          I looked at the flames steadily roasting the door. Flashing her a look saying, "I'm not going to let this go." I opened the door and looked over to tell Jordan to hurry up and saw that she was practically having a seizure.

          "Jordan," I said. "I know you probably think it was stupid to set the house on fire, but I can explain."

She pointed to the door with a shaking finger. I turned my attention to the door. Where there was a vague outline of some bat-hag thing that was as ugly as anything in this terrifying world could get. So, I'm guessing that the surprised face was really a terrified face.

          "Get in! Now," I screamed at her. She blinked herself out of her haze then ran and got in the car. I ducked down into the driver's seat, turned on the engine, and reversed down the driveway.

          "Since when can you drive?" Jordan asked. I looked over at her and saw her gripping the seat as if the gravity had been turned off. I couldn't contain my giddiness. I was almost doubled over with a fit of hysterical giggles.

           "Stop laughing! You might kill us! Lilly? Lilly! Are you even listening to me?"

           I looked over at her with the best blank stare I could make. "What?"

           She slapped my arm. "I'm not kidding!"

          "Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'm just glad I'm leaving."

          "It's fine. But we need to pick someone up before we get too far out of town."

          "What? We need to get as far as we can, well, at least I do. We don't have time!" 

          "Yes, we do. Now go to 1512 Roundwood Road," she said calmly.  Even though It was my life that was in danger, I could hear that she was completely serious and I know she wouldn't put my life too far out on the line.

          "Fine," I whined, letting my head roll to the side where I could see her then quickly looked back at the road.

          "What happened to your face," she shrieked.

          I swallowed my hopes of keeping my injuries away from her watchful eyes. "I tripped and fell down the stairs."

          "Seriously?"

          I nodded. Technically it wasn't a lie, I really did jump then fall down the stairs.

          "Idiot."
          We drove the rest of the way with the song "Mine" by Taylor Swift blasting our ears off with the combined voices provided by me and Jordan.

          "There," Jordan shouted over the music.

          I turned the radio down and looked at the house. "That's the place?"

          "Yep."

          "So, who am I looking for?" I asked.

          "A guy named Will." Great. A boy. Just what we need to make this trip easier.

          I opened the car door and started walking up the pathway that led to the front door that was a deep red. The exterior walls were bricks painted tan with a rustic overhang that was above the front door. The house itself looked well-built, but it had no landscape at all as if they had just moved in.