✔Chapter fucking nine: Turnip food

You squinted into the dim light of the room, rays of sun filtering in through the closed curtains. Your head was laying on Shoto's shoulder, and Purple Turnip was sprawled on the both of you. He looked rather comfortable, almost as if he hadn't slept in days. The bags under his eyes would definitely claim that statement true, but who were you to judge? Certainly not yourself, who stayed up nightly till three, only to wake up an hour or so later for training. Shoto did as well, so you couldn't complain. You were brought into their house, and you had no room to make a fuss.

With a light groan and a bit more will to live than you had last night, you pushed the purple haired boy from your lap and stood up, prepared to scavenge his house for anything relatively edible. There was a possibility of you sharing, but you would probably eat it all and send him weekly groceries afterwards because you would feel bad. Despite that, you made your way to what seemed like the kitchen and opened the thing big enough to be a fridge. Half a carton of eggs, two strips of bacon, cheese, and maybe a piece of bread?

You wanted to cry for this boy, so you shed a single tear as you ripped a hole into your wallet. Endeavour's credit card was ignorantly waiting to be used, and by God you were going to max it. Your legs carried you to the nearest convenience store, the employee barely greeting you as you threw random things onto the counter. Whatever looked like food was thrown to the worker, their hands quickly working to scan each item as it came flying to them. You reached the ultimate section, the bread section, and wiped the shelves clean.

"What are you doing with all of this, hosting a party?" The worker chuckled to themself, your hands full of milk and juice as you neared the counter, water bottles being kicked from your feet. Tendrils from your back picked up what was left on the floor, setting them below the scanner and placing them in the bags. Mx. Worker Person raised their eyebrows at you, knitting together and eyes flitting to the camera in the corner of the small store. "Ah, quirk use is prohibited by law..."

"I'll be out soon. Here's the card, kids are hungry." You shoved scanned items into bags and heaved them onto the black appendages, eyes scanning the card in the cashier's hand. They eyed you wearily and swiped the card, handing it back to you and asking if you wanted a receipt. Your eyes rolled and you shook your head, taking back the card and leaving the store. "Fucking stupid, all up in my business."

Your shoes tapped on the concrete, passerby's giving you strange looks as you carried a copious amount of bags. You retraced your steps to get back to the house Purple Turnip owned, which seemed too big for just one person. He was around your age, so you couldn't help but wonder where his parents were. Maybe they went out to get milk, and just never returned. Adults seem to do that a lot to their children these days, which was wrong in more ways than one.

The boys were still asleep when you got back, so you emptied the groceries and put them away. You kept out what you would need to make breakfast, eggs, vegetables, rice, and a few other things. Some ingredients went in first, like the rice and veggies, while the eggs and other stuff went in last since the took a shorter time to cook. When everything was done you found the plates and utensils, setting the table and plating the food. You woke up the males and dragged them to the table, sitting around it and eating quietly.

"When are we leaving?" Shoto looked to you expectantly, chewing his food after speaking. You groaned and leaned back, grumbling about how his father was an absolute fuck tard. He agreed and grinned as he ate, silently finishing afterwards and sticking his plate in the sink. Purple Turnip followed suit and turned on the faucet, taking your plate as you finished and rinsing it off. You put them into the dishwasher and checked the time, motioning to Shoto that the two of you had to go.

"Uh, my house is free whenever your guy's dad is shitty... Shrek will always be waiting." Shinso rubbed the back if his neck and looked to the side, something akin to a grin displayed on his face. He had never really had anybody to hang out with, so dealing with people his age wasn't his thing. You smiled to him and took out your wallet, fishing out wads of money you had stolen from Endeavour. With the money fumbling in his hands and you dragging Shoto from the house, you left your new friend with enough cash for food and payments for two months. He shouted from his door as the two of you left about 'not being friends,' but you were fine with letting him believe that.

---

"Shoto, (Y/N), where were you?" You had barely made it over the fence and Shoto was staring from the other side as you flopped to the ground. He sighed and climbed over as well, body dropping next to yours. Endeavour twitched at the sight of his two protégés on the ground, Shoto staring at him while you contained your unwarranted laughter. Your eyes never met his flaming form, the heat radiating off of his body like a raging summer day. You didn't have the time to fucking laugh, or go into an episode, but here you were, laughing like you saw Rick turn into a pickle. Funniest shit you've ever seen.

Endeavour, having the God complex he had and cockiness of a blonde little shit you were supposed remember, shot a fire ball next to you as a warning. It singed the grass an ashy grey and your laughs halted as you nearly screamed, lurching away from the receding flame. Shoto held your shoulder with his cold hand, steadying you while your wide eyes stared at the black spot on the ground. Your hues burned as you turned slowly to the fiery man, a shaky grin etched into your face. You took in a breath and placed a hand on your side, your other subconsciously going to the spot below your neck where your necklace usually lay.

"We were out." You stood up and held out your hand for Shoto, his left appendage grabbing it lightly and pulling himself up with your help. He didn't look to his father, but you glared at the fiery man. His icy left hand was in your right, fingers slightly intertwined and frosty air cooling the warm drift around Endeavour. The cold calmed you and seemed to distract you from the fact that the man before you was literally on fire. "Anyways, we have training, right? I wanna leave again for a late lunch, so let's make it quick."

---

Your breakfast was splattered across the grass, your body lying on its side on the ground. You held your stomach as Shoto and the burning trash trained, your insides churning and squeezing as if ready to let out more acidy contents. There was no more food in your stomach. It was just acid and some mucus. Shoto kept glancing at you while they trained, nearly getting hit on his bruise multiple times because he got distracted. He was still able to avoid his shitty excuse of a father though, and the rest of training was over rather quickly. So quickly, in fact, it was time for dinner.

Endeavour thought he was so high and mighty, wasting your time like that. You were going to go out, and you were going to fucking find 'Kacchan'. If you had gone at lunch like you were supposed to, you could have gotten information from the broccoli kid. Hopefully, he was still there at nine in the afternoon. You didn't have the patience to look for his address, you didn't even have his name! There was no way in hell you were going to give up, though. Two kids from kindergarten knew about shit you didn't want them to. Either you were going to find them and take away anything they had on it, or you were going to question the hell out of them.

Probably both.