✵Part 12✵

(Narrator's POV)

Now as Steve and Tony are watching Y/n, he can't help but want to know now. He can't wait until they get back to talk to Fury, he needed to know now, and one of the only people that could help him was asleep, so he went to someone who also knew his way around. He stepped outside and looked toward Loki, catching his eyes, and signaling for him to follow.

"Is something wrong Stark?" Loki asked, actually worried, because Tony was going pale, more so than when it was Y/n going pale.

"Yeah- I mean no, actually I'm not. I wanted to ask you if, well can you do one of those spells, if there is even a spell for that, okay I'm getting sidetracked. I want to know if Y/n is my daughter, I want to know if it's her."

Loki's face went from worried to blank in a split second. Now realizing what Tony was actually talking about. And now his own curiosity lingered. As Loki nodded, in a split second they were back in Loki's chambers, him grabbing one of Y/n's and Tony's hairs, much to Steve's questioning. Putting both pieces in a small vile, adding some water, and working with some book, soon the vile started to turn a pinkish and purplish color.

Now, now it all made sense, even more so than before.

So he ran outside.

'You were alone, left out in the cold,

Clinging to the ruin of your broken home,

Too lost and hurting to carry your load,

We all need someone to hold,

Tony just fell.

He fell to his knees.

Not of sadness, but of the happiness that was building inside of him. Now all he wanted to do was hug her, have her near him, not letting go.

'You've been fighting the memory on your own,

Nothing worsens, nothing grows,

I know how it feels being by yourself in the rain,

We all need someone to stay,

Oh, how long he's waited, how much he wanted this.

To have her back, get to hold her in his arms, to call her his daughter. To tell her all the things she's missed, to catch up on the things he has missed.

'Hear you falling and lonely, cry out,

Will you fix me up? Will you show me hope?

The end of the day you were helpless

Can you keep me close? Can you love me most?

This time not letting go, not giving up, being there every step of the way. Because they have both never had someone that stayed, yet now, they do, they have each other, and nothing in this universe could ever change that.

'You've drunk it down and you've spat it out,

And nothing tastes like the things you had,

So turn it off, why don't you let them go?

We all need someone to stay,

He's waited for so long, to find her.

'Hear you falling and lonely, cry out,

Will you fix me up? Will you show me hope?

The end of the day you were helpless

Can you keep me close? Can you love me most?

Twenty one years, thats he's waited to just see her again, to have her next to him. And now he's experiencing things a father and daughter should experience together.

'You were alone, left out in the cold,

Clinging to the ruin of your broken home,

You were falling and lonely, cry out,

Will you fix me up? Will you show me hope?

The end of the day you were helpless

Can you keep me close? Can you love me?

He can't help but smile like a fool, to cry like a maniac.

''Hear you falling and lonely, cry out,

Will you fix me up? Will you show me hope?

The end of the day you were helpless

Can you keep me close? Can you love me most?

Can you keep me close? Can you love me most?'

He decided to take a nice walk around the beautiful golden castle, to clear his head, and maybe calm the tears that had fallen just seconds ago.

As he was walking down a hallway, he spotted Thor walking out of a door leading outside, and as the curious person Tony is, he went to see what was outside.

He had the biggest pleasure, to see Carol, and Frigga, from the things he's seen and read in books and hoe Thor described her, Thor's mother. He saw them interacting, shari's stories, trying not to be seen or heard, he got closer, just to listen in.

"You know Lady Carol, Thor talks about you a lot when he visits." Frigga told Carol, Carol visibly blushing and looking down to her lap.

"He looks so happy, and I am glad you are the one making him this happy, he's already been through so much. I just hope that the love never fades." Carol was struck, but she smiled sweetly nonetheless.

"Mother what did you tell Lady Carol while I was gone?" Thor said walking in, with more tea in hand. That's when Tony decided it was his turn to leave.

As he walked back, he thought, about something he could do to tell her, but he would just tell her, no waiting anymore, not ever. He couldn't wait anymore that he ran back, and just barged in, startling both Y/n and Steve.

"Y/n can we talk? In private?" He turned to Steve. Steve just stood up and left, with a small kiss to Y/n's lips, and a pat on the shoulder to Tony.

There was a moment of silence between Tony and Y/n, it was definitely uncomfortable, but he just couldn't find the words to say it, yet Y/n did. She did because she knew, she knew that meeting Carol wasn't a coincidence, maybe falling in love with Steve was, but being in the same place, at the right time, was all something done by none other than Nick Fury, and she knew. And maybe, being able to read minds, is just an added bonus.

"Look, Tony, I know." This caused Tony to look up.

"What.. do you know...? Exactly..?"

"I know everything, look I can also read minds and right now it came in handy, so yeah, I know everything."

They both stared at each other for another five minutes, no one saying anything, mainly because nothing else was needed to be said, they cried, and hugged for the longest time, until it was time to pull away.

"I love you peanut." Tony called Y/n, while he caressed her cheek, remembering how before she was born and talked to her on her mother's belly, he called her peanut.

"I love you too dad." She told him while looking straight into his eyes, meaning every single word. The love they share, is indescribable, because it's the love a father and his daughter will always share, and cherish for the rest of their lives.

✵The End✵