Better

"What can I do? Is there any way I can help her get her memory back?" I ask Dr. Ramirez, a 6'4" guy with dark, brooding features, but blonde hair and blue eyes. I really wanted to help Annia, so that we could be together again. She had more recognition of me when I saw her, but she still doesn't totally remember me.

"Sir, there's really nothing you can do. We just have to let her come on her own terms to remember you. And everybody. It should be soon, but with her traumatic past, it's possible her brain will try to get rid of everything to do with the kidnapping and Kaden. And that would mean you. Because when you volunteered to 'torture' her. And that is a HUGE possibility..."

Are you kidding me? Are you really, freaking kidding me? I can't believe this. I was a part of that brutal kidnapping, so how am I supposed to be cool and not want to die if she probably won't remember me? I can't take it anymore. I can't handle it. I run into Annia's room, hoping she would remember me. I walk in, and she gasps.

"Y-your name is B-Brandon, right?" she asks uncertainly.

"Yes." I reply, shakily. It sounds like she doesn't remember me.

"I remember now. You were my husband. And I love you with all my heart. Brandon, I love you."

I laugh, so glad that I was able to hear that again!