A Story For Two

[Authors note: A big thanks to megloveslokitooomuch for this adorable idea that I've been meaning to write about for months! Please go give their account a little read. They're a very talented author, and a marvel enthusiast like myself! Again, thank you so much for the idea, and apologies for taking so long to get to it. I wrote this while on a plane and got a little lazy during it because I got really tired, so sorry about the sudden lack of strong description, but I hope you all enjoy nonetheless!]

The cottage was an old, wooden structure that peacefully sat upon an overgrown, abandoned hillside. Weeds had already begun to sprout out beneath the tiled slabs, along with a few summer daisies that crept out from the shadows of their own leaves; desperately craving even just a ray of glistening sunlight. After following the rather grainy, overrun pathway that wound throughout a deep green carpet of moss, the corners of a shallow, stone-made roof peaked out from behind the rough bark of ancient, evergrowing trees.

A short, cobblestone chimney spirted out from said stone roof, and thick, mirky clouds of smoke whithered through the air like a lost bird in a stormy gale. Not a peep from the outside world could be heard inside of these isolated acres of pure peace. The crisp air was engulfed with spiraling branches, and golden leaves slowly fluttered through a soft, morning breeze.

Inside the cottage sat two lovers; the smallest male sitting on a dark, velvet armchair, while the taller male sat comfortably beside him - his long, slender legs resting over the other's lap. The sorcerer's scarred hands gently gripped onto the sides of an old, battered novel, while Loki's head lay against the greying male's chest - his curious eyes slowly following along with each inked page.

The two were quiet and content in eachother's company, tucked up together in the vintage chair while the fireplace gently crackled and roared ahead of them - causing a comforting, orange glow to illuminate the mellow walls. Loki slowly but surely tore his gaze away from the crisp page, and his eyes instead flickered up to admire Stephen's concentrated face - happily watching the male's ocean eyes slowly drag across each written line.

The God relaxed his head in the crook of his lover's neck, and began to kiss along the doctor's jaw - causing the smaller male to gently shift in his seat. Stephen wrapped a pale arm around Loki's lean figure and hummed lowly, his eyes glancing down at the mischievous male before returning to his battered book. Odinson frowned softly as his needed attention wasn't met, and instead kissed down Strange's neck - receiving a more interesting reaction from the greying male.

"Loki..." The sorcerer murmured, his tired voice hoarse and low in his firm chest. A soft sigh escaped his thin lips, and he pressed a scarred thumb over his current page to keep its place, before looking down and raising a sharp eyebrow in his boyfriend's direction. The raven haired male smiled innocently and reached up to press a gentle kiss to his lover's warm lips; humming softly and leaning his body against the doctor's own.

Stephen couldn't help but smile, his lips gently curling at the edges, while the skin under his sparkling eyes crinkled. He hummed back with a quiet chuckle and ran a pale hand through Loki's dark hair, his slender fingers fiddling around with each long, flowing strand. "Can I help you with something?" He mumbled into the kiss, pulling back for a short moment to gaze into his lover's mischievous eyes.

"Just wanting your attention, darling, that's all." Loki replied, shifting closer to the New Yorker and slightly grinning. He settled himself fully onto the sorcerer's lap, and reached up to brush his fingers over the male's greying sides - a small, appreciating smile decorating his curved lips. "Is there something wrong with that? Or would you rather we read your boring old book?"

Stephen gently rolled his eyes and uncurled his fingers out from Loki's hair, his hand sliding down the man's back until it landed onto his pointed hip. "Well, I was quite enjoying the book-" He started, snickering quietly at the annoyed frown forming on his boyfriend's face. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding, you have my attention, dear."

Odinson's frown quickly turned into an excited grin, and his arms moved to wrap around Strange's neck - his long fingers gently tickling the pale skin and making the smaller male giggle. Loki wore a long, loving smile and lay his chin down onto Stephen's chest, now trailing his pale hands down it instead. "You're adorable."

The sorcerer's ocean eyes rolled in a familiar circle, and his arm draped around the God's waist; gently caressing it with his scarred hand. "I can still kick your ass." He murmured back, smiling at the giddy laugh that bubbled out from his lover's lips. Loki's laugh was one of Stephen's many favourite sounds - adoring how the God's face lit up and his eyes sparkled bright. Christ, he would listen to it all day if he could.

"I'm sure you could, with your second rated sorcerer magic and all." Loki replied with a cheeky smirk, groaning as Stephen looked down at his book again in response of the insult and ignored the taller male. "Oh c'mon don't be like that." He muttered, frowning down at the greying male and prodding his clothed chest.

Stephen simply neglected his lover and bit back a wide smirk. He knew how to deal with Loki's antics far too well. He found it quite amusing how whiny and needy the raven haired male got when he was ignored and forgotten by his younger boyfriend, just like the time when the God thought it would be a good idea to prank Stephen. He had been ignored for 3 whole days, and that had been hell for him.

Loki let out a huff and crossed his arms, his mind whirring for a few seconds before he smiled smugly and began sliding his hands up Stephen's buttoned shirt. The sorcerer grunted quietly and squirmed in his seat, his eyebrows furrowing in irritation as the God snickered quietly. He continued to tease the doctor's skin, running his cold, pale hands over the male's inhaled stomach, tight chest and firm abs, before moving to press gentle kisses to the male's tensed neck.

Stephen was close to his limit of tolerance, and an irritated whine escaped his lips - his dull eyes squinting down at his book as he tried so desperately to concentrate. Loki was having none of this, and leant his head down to press a long, loving kiss to the sorcerer's mouth - his body pushing against the smaller male's own and glazing his tongue over his lips.

By now, the former surgeon had had enough, and let the novel slip out from his scarred hand - allowing it to fall to the ground with a gentle crash. He placed his scarred hands onto the God's waist and embraced the kiss with a warm smile, his blue eyes slowly fluttering closed. The two searched and traced eachother's bodies with their curious hands, but not in a sexual way - no, never a sexual way. Their fingers dragged across old scars and freckles, occasionally giggling into the kiss as they let their hands glide across eachother's skin.

It was a simple, subtle way of expressing eachother's love - sharing memories over old markings and appreciating eachother's bodies. The two male's quietly mumbled compliments into their deepened kiss, just admiring their lover and hoping that the moment would never ever end. And as their pink lips finally parted, their glittering eyes connected in a gaze of utter affection - knowing well that what they had together was special, and that the moments they shared would forever stay in their hearts. From the outside, it may look like an old, wooden cottage - but to them, it was home.