Commissions Open!

Hello, my name is Athena Cullen Reads! Need an editor? Well, you came to the right place! Here's what you need to know before PMing me and getting started.

Who am I: I'm a freelance proofreader and editor for bloggers and small, self-publishing authors. 

How I edit

- I do a very basic mix of line and copy editing. So I focus on spelling, grammar, and punctuation, along with awkward phrasing. I can also do a manuscript critique, but not with the basic edit, you have to request it separately.

- I only take up to 5250 words at a time, I label it as 5 chapters. If it goes 50 words over, it counts as another chapter and will have to be done in another round of editing. I can't make any exceptions, due to past experiences and me wanting to ensure proper editing, I must stick to my set word count. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

- It usually takes me 2 weeks to edit every 5 chapters.

- I can only take up to 3 clients at a time. As stated before, due to past experience and wanting to ensure proper editing, this is final. I will inform you if I am booked for the week and give you the earliest date that I can edit your book/blog. NOTE: New and most frequent clients take first priority! Thank you for being patient with me!

What I need from you:

If you have a story/stories that need my services, pm me and I will leave you my email. You're expected to send me the story within 24 hours, or you will have to pm me again. When you have my email, please send your story, a shared document, a regular doc, a word document, or pdf is fine. I will email you my revisions on a second document/email, that way if you don't like it you won't have to go back and change it. 

- A summary or an explanation of what you are writing, and any notes from you about certain/specific things (i.e., intentional misspellings, certain style choices, etc.). I will remind you again, I can only work with what you give me.

Once I have revised your story, and you're satisfied with the results, you're required to permanently follow me and a review of my work, these are mandatory. I will also give you a follow back!

Feel free to use my services whenever and for however long you would like to! That includes until your story is completely edited. And you can also find me in UNIVERSAL REVIEW AND EDITING SHOP by _universal

Disclaimer: I am a student, but English Language Arts is not only my favorite but best subject. I specialize in website based ebooks and am taking courses to better understand the rules of punctuation and grammar and current styles. Know that I'm bettering myself for you.