30. Prisoner

-  Chapter 30 :

"Shit." You cursed as you swam around your room, your hands massaging your forehead. Suddenly the beautiful fabric that covered your body didn't seem to matter anymore as you were using all your energy to not freak out.  

You felt the eyes of your team on you as you stopped swimming and stared at them with clouded eyes, "Something has to be very, very wrong here." You breathed as you sunk onto your bed, your two legs limply lying against the bed frame.

"This," Everyone looked at Namjoon, who was standing at the other side of the room, leaning against the wall. He looked up with intensity and looked everyone in the eye, "This could very well be a trap. She knows it was us and she'll be using this to make us come out of our safe place, or someone else confessed to breaking in, which once again could be her plot." He said, fingers running over his chin. 

You felt Magnolia crawl to you through the water, lending you an embrace that seemed to calm you down. "Noli." You heard someone whisper and turned to find Yoongi stretching his arms out for Magnolia to come to him. Magnolia's ears perked at the cute nickname as she eagerly left your arms-much to your irritation- and went to Yoongi.

"Is she trying to fish the answers out of us? Because it's working." Hoseok said with an unhappy face. You sharply inhaled and made a face, "What do you mean its working?" You questioned. Hoseok raised an eyebrow as if it was obvious.

"I mean the guards saw us all congregate in your room, why else would all of us meet up to talk right after she told us about the invader? Suspicious, no?" He asked as you made a face for the second time, "Imagine being smart." You heard Taehyung whisper as you snorted.

"We can make an excuse." Jimin piped up, looking determined. You all looking at him expectantly, "We can..say we were thinking of where to explore next..?" Clearly Jimin hadn't thought of the excuse before voicing his opinion.

Namjoon was a face resembling yours and it was surprisingly Yoongi who looked intrigued as he stroked Magnolia's long black strands away from her face, "No that's perfect. Think about it, they know that we're here looking for the legend of Alnilam. We would have to leave the palace to explore for the legend, and the fact that we just got 'attacked' in the castle, it would technically make us want a breather and go outside." 

The gears in your mind began to whir. It was definitely a reach, no lie in that. But if it worked, it would be your ticket out of the palace, you could run-or swim- from Keter and continue the search without the suspicious shadow of the Queen chasing you down. You nodded your head, smiling, "I'll try negotiating." "And I'll come with you." Namjoon smiled, a dimple emerging. 

"I'm doubting our plan." Namjoon whispered to you as you were tailed closely by two guards with stone faced expressions. You elbowed him and scoffed to hide his groan of pain, "No going back now cowboy." "What?" He made a confused face whilst being in pain as you kept swimming.