Chapter 5

"What do you mean, 'hit by a transformation ray'?"

Marinette realized her(?) voice was deeper than usual.
"Your mom said somebody shot you!" Alya said, her voice riddled with worry, "It must have been the akuma!"
Marinette walked to the bedroom mirror.
The pale girl(?) dropped the phone, and her(?) mouth hung open in surprise.

"Mari? Is everything okay?!"

Marinette's hair had lost its bobbing pigtails. It had shortened, and her(?) usually side-swept bangs now fell across her(?) pale forehead.
Her(?) lips had become skin tone rather than the usual glossy pink.
Marinette had become taller, and her(?) porcelain face was thinner than usual, giving her(?) a more rugged look.

Marinette had been turned into a boy.

"I'm coming over!" Alya said through Marinette's phone.

He dropped to his knees, his hand on his white floral print shirt.
Tears began to form at his wide bluebell eyes, and the dark-haired boy whimpered.

Alya ran up the stairs to find her usually cheerful friend like this. Marinette turned his face to the girl coming up his trap door.

Alya ran up to her newly tranformed friend.
She brought the dark-haired male into a hug.

Marinette sniffled as tears poured down his pale cheeks.
His freckled stood out against his face, which was now red from crying.

Alya gave words of comfort to her bawling friend. She rubbed his clothed back.

"I-I'm sorry Alya." He sobbed.
Alya gave a comforting, "It's okay." as she continued to rub her friend's back.

Eventually Marinette stopped crying.

"Alya, what am I going to do?" He asked his friend with a sniff.

"I don't know Mari." She replied uneasily, "But you could do what the others did."

"You could embrace your temporary gender. I mean, when Ladybug defeats this guy, everything'll be fixed, right?" Alya explained.

Marinette nodded solemly.

"But what if Ladybug fails?" He questioned, trying not to sound suspicious. He looked into his friend's olive eyes.

"Then you'll need to adapt." His orange-haired friend said, "But I doubt she'll fail Marin."

Marinette blinked in surprise.
"Marin?"
"You'll need a more masculine name, right?" Alya explained, "So, I took off the 'ette'. I think it sounds good."

Marin smiled meekly.

"Hey..." Alya said, brushing his bangs away from Marin's bluebell eyes, "It's going to be okay."

P.S- In the comments can you leave names for Lila genderbended? All I can come up with is Lime. And that's not a very good name...