Chapter VIII: Strange

. . . . .

Well, that was a strange evening. Probably the strangest evening she experienced, although she understood that he or they were just curious, almost as if is knew & foreign to them.

Now that Glory thought about it, What were they? Glory knew most of the titans that guard & inhabited the world, so if everything is foreign to them, were they not  from this world? Is that why they are so different from the other titans? Is that why they are so peculiar? There were so many questions running in her mind.

Although Glory did know one thing, she wasn't going to get any answers if she wasn't going to talk to them. So she decided that the following morning, she was going to try & talk to them.

For now, she's going to rest to ease her mind & quite frankly, it was still nightime & she was still tired from the prior events.

Glory's gaze fell upon the middle head of her king, who was keeping watch & guard for the night.

"What are you, mi rey"

Then she closed her eyes

○•○•○•○

Ichi's shift was before Ni's, so this was the only time he had for himself. Although with the prior events still in mind, he felt a lot more tired & drained than usual but nevertheless kept a watchful eye & still kept his guards up.

He looked around them just to make sure noone was spying on them before looking at his brothers, who were sleeping soundly.

...... they had very few moments like this, moments where they were peaceful were quite rare.

No matter how much Ichi would loathe to admit it, he wished that they had more moments like this, where they have their very own planet & territory, resting peacefully alongside someone they care about–

–someone they care about? If Ichi had to guess how long they haven't had someone to care about other than themselves, around eons.

The first time they had cared about someone other than themselves was also the last time because after what had happened to them.

Right after that, Ichi made an oath that they would nevet get attached again & would not let a single planet be spared from their wrath.

And they have been doing just that, destroying planet after planet for the past eons.

Until they landed on this pesky planet, it's inhabitants were stubborn & persistent by a large margin compared to the inhabitants of the previous planets they had obliterated, so much so that it's so called "king" was able to imprison them in a frozen wasteland with the help of his annoying bug queen & his even more annoying fire bird companion.

And after so many years, they were free again & were even able to find a companion whose ferocity could easily outmatch any warrior they have faced, loyalty they've never witness before & far more beautiful than any creature they've ever seen.

Ichi's gaze switched from his brothers to their little follower, the white phoenix.

"What a strange Little Bird."