Morning

John pov       

"John Lancaster Chamberlain".
OH No!!. She used my full name. This can't be good.

I pretended to be fast asleep but my mom didn't want to know. Before I knew what was happening I woke up drenched and soaked with water.

"Mom, the hell did you do that for" I yelled

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me" my mom ordered.

"Can't I just sleep peacefully for one night" I asked.

"No" she said

"Now get out of bed, it's a Monday".

My mom loved order. She works as a teacher at a very rich school. She was always on duty on Monday so she had to rise early.

After waking me, she woke my sisters and then my dad to come to the living room for prayers.

After prayers and greetings, she started dishing out orders.
"Charles go clean my car"

"Favour tidy up your room"

"Clara tidy up the living room".

My mom left to prepare breakfast and lunch.

Only Stephanie was left out during the chores because she was young to do house chores. The rest of my sisters had to do their own chores before going to school.

"Hey big guy, what are going to do today". My dad asked me.

I finished high school last two years and have been seeking for admission into Universities. Yep that's right, I've been staying idle. My parents had the money to send me to a private university but they believed in the continuity of payment and besides I have three sisters who are still in still in school. So I wrote an admission exam into a public university and am awaiting the list.

"I don't know. Nothing I guess"

"What do you mean nothing" my mom said coming out of the kitchen

"I don't have anything to do mom".

"I would got myself a job but you insisted that I don't"

"Yes because it is not safe out there" my mom said"

"So what do u want me to do" I asked folding my arms.

"All of this could have been avoided if you had read your book when I told to".

"Your mates are in college but you are here doing nothing, eating all my food and growing more stupid, more foolish and more idiotic with each passing day.

She did not just say that

"Alright enough" my dad ordered.

Jane, you don't have to say that in front of him. Everything in life has timing. We should leave everything to God. He knows everything.

"But honey th....."

"That's enough". I don't want to hear anything concerning this again". My dad said with authority.

"And Son" he said facing me.

Yes dad"

"You should apologize to your mother for talking back to her"

"I'm sorry mom" I said.

"It's Ok".

"You two just decided to ruin this beautiful morning" my dad said.

************

Grace pov.

"I don't want to be an apprentice for nobody".

It's not like am asking for your opinion young lady" said my mom

Please come on honey it's just for 5 months; besides it's fun". my dad added.

Why are you begging her" my mom asked my dad.

Am not"

Yes you are"

"Am just trying to tell her in the most lovable way possible".
Something you are not good at".

Don't start with me this morning". my mom threatened.

Ok". his hands up in mock surrender.

You" she said pointing to me

"We are going to go see a tailor today with whom you will start your lessons otherwise the whole neighborhood will gather for both of us ".

She left after threatening me.

Dad" I pleaded.

"Isn't there anything you can do to convince mom"

"I knew the wife I married so am sorry there's nothing I can do but look on the bright side; it's fun.

After saying that he left.

My parents wants me to start learning how to sew clothes for the next five months. I left high school just last month and my parents want me to stay one year at home before I go to college. Stupid right, that's what I thought. So am stuck with my family.

I went to my room and shut the door in anger.I took out my phone to hear some music cos it calms me in situations like this and then my best friend texts me.
Adrianne: wats up bitch
Me: I hate my life.
Adrianne: oh come on, u can't hate ur life. It's too early. Something happen at home
Me: mom is making me take sewing lessons
Adrianne:😮😂
Me: 😣 why do I feel ur enjoying this.
Adrianne: that's cos I am.
Me: it ain't funny.
Adrianne: u saying it makes it even funnier.
Me: 😤.
Me: I can see u ain't in the mood to talk. So bye

Adrianne has been my best friend since the beginning of high school. I love her but sometimes she can be impossible.

After a while she texts back.

Adrianne: ok am sorry.
Me: it's Ok. Am sorry too for acting childish.
Adrianne: no need to apologise. When u starting
Me: Mom said today.
Adrianne: Wow. Mrs. Anderson doesn't waste time 😁
Me: 😣
Adrianne: sorry😶. But look on the bright side; it might be fun and u might see a guy who u might like.
Me: I don't think so. Am done with high school boys.
Adrianne:😏
Me: I plan to make life unbearable for the tailor who is goin to teach me😉.
Adrianne: hmm. Ur mom isn't going to like dat.
Me: like I care!!
Adrianne: do wat u gotta do. Alright bye. Gotta go. Love you
Me: Love u more❤.

"Oh, this is going to be fun!!!."

Hope u guys liked it. I gat to say; This is my first novel so am kind of nervous.😓