✴•~°Who is BTS? °~•✴

BTS (BANGTAN SONYEONDAN)

•> Also known as the Bangtan Boys, is a seven member South Korean boy band formed in Seoul in June 13, 2013 under Big Hit Entertainment. BTS' debuted with the album 2 Cool 4 Skool and with the song No More Dream.

•> The septet co-writed and produces much of their output. They are originally a Hip Hop Group but their music style has evolved to include a wide range of genres. Their lyrics often focused on personal and social commentary, touch on themes of mental health, troubles of school-age youth, loss, the journey towards loving oneself, and individualism. Their work features references to literature and psychological concepts and includes an alternative universe storyline. Popular for their live performances, the group have staged several world tours.

•> Their first U.S. Billboard 200 entries are the album The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Part 2 (2015), The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever (2016), and Wings (2016) helped establish BTS' reputation as a socially conscious group. Wings became BTS' first album to sell one million copies in South Korea. By 2017, BTS crossed the international music market, leading the Korean Wave into the United States and breaking numerous sales records, becoming the first Korean group to receive certification by the Recording Indusrty Association of America (RIAA) with their singke Mic Drop. The bandis the first and only Korean act as of 2019 to perform and to top the U.S. Billboard 200 woth their studio albun Love Yourself: Tear (2018) and have since hit the top of the U.S Charts with their albuma Love Yourself: Answer (2018) and Map of the Soul: Persona, making BTS the first group since The Beatles to earn three number one album in less then a year, and the fastest to earn three number one albums since The Monkees in 1967/Love Yourself: Answer broke South Korea's Gaon Album Chart's all-time monthly record previously set by Love Yourself: Tear and became the first Korean album certified Gold in the United States.