Chapter 2

Percy jumped when he heard FRIDAY greet the Avengers. Annabeth was too busy admiring the architecture to notice.

Tony laughed. "That's just FRIDAY, the AI."

FRIDAY made a noise that sounded a lot like a scoff. "Just an AI, Boss? I see how it is."

They walked into the living room, where Peter was on the ceiling. Annabeth screeched and hissed, "SPIDER."

Percy did a double-take at that. "Dam it. Peter? Is that you?"

*PERCY?" Peter fell off the ceiling. "Mr. Stark, why is Peter here?"

"I take it you know each other. Kid, when did you get here?"

"Yeah, I was classmates with Percy a few years ago. I got here a couple of minutes ago. FRIDAY told me to wait here for you guys. I didn't think you would bring a civilian here!"

Percy butted in. "Okay. How did Peter get on the ceiling?"

"Freaky spider powers!" Annabeth shouted.

"Sorry," Percy said. "She REALLY hates spiders."

Peter just shrugged. "I get it."

"So you're Spider-Man?" Percy asked.

"Hey! How come you know the kid but not me?" Tony whined.

"Ran into him once and saw him stop a mugger."

"You know what? FRIDAY, show them to their new room. Yes, room. I figured you two might want to stay together," Tony said.

"Of course, Boss. Mr. Jackson, Ms. Chase, head down the hall. Last door on the right."

Annabeth shot down the hall. She couldn't wait to get as far away from Peter as possible.

"It's Percy and Annabeth," Percy said.

"Of course, Percy."

Percy sighed and ran after Annabeth. "Hey, wait for me!"

Once they had left the room, Steve spoke. "They seem like good kids, not terrorists. Peter?"

"Percy's a good guy. His grades aren't the best, but he's kind and cares a lot about others."

"We'll just have to wait and see," Clint said.

- Time Skip -

Percy came out of the room and walked into the living room, where most of the Avengers were playing Mario Kart. Peter was winning. Thor just watched them, since he was confused by the "intricate Midgardian contraption."

"Hey," he said. Tony spoke up, eyes never leaving the screen. "What's up?"

"First place!" Peter shouted.

"Um, okay. Do you have a pool here?" Percy asked.

"Yep. Go down two floors," Tony replied. He was trying to get second, but Clint beat him to it.

Percy went back to the room. "Hey, Annabeth? I'm gonna go to the pool. Two floors down if you need me."

" 'Kay," she responded. She was absorbed in her book.

Percy walked down two flights of stairs and grinned when he saw the Olympic-sized pool. Without bothering to take his clothes off, he dove into the pool.

-- Time Skip --

"Boss? Percy has been in the pool for two hours. I just wanted to let you know," FRIDAY said.

"So? He's having fun."

"What I mean is that he has been underwater for two hours."

Peter spit out his orange juice. "WHAT? I'm gonna go get Annabeth." He ran off and knocked on the door.