Chapter 2

~Third Person~

Sendak walked down the hallway of the Altean castle at the side of his emperor and with the small creature in his arms. Haxus walked along side of him with a scowl on his face. They entered the room with a long table and picked out three seats along the side. Sendak watched as Trigel entered the room. He stood up and walked over to her.

"Excuse me, Trigel, but I have a question for you." Sendak said respectfully. 
"Yes Commander Sendak?" She asked.

"I was wondering if you could read this." He said and handed Trigel a small folded piece of paper. She unfolded it and looked over it.

"Yes, I can. This is a strange language called 'Japanese'. It's from a small planet in the middle of nowhere called 'Earth'. Humans are the current intelligent species." She said. She looked down at the thing in Sendak's arms.

"You've got to be kidding me." She sighed.

"You took a human infant?" She said. Sendak nodded.

"It's parents weren't around, I assume they died." Sendak said.

"Well, you know what assuming does." Trigel said.

"Yeah, it makes an ass out of you and me." Sendak said and nodded to the side. The child in Sendak's arms stirred.

"Could you tell me what it says?" Sendak asked. Trigel nodded.

"It says 'Takashi Izo Shirogane'." She said. "It means 'High Legacy Platinum'."

"And what might that mean?" Sendak asked. Trigel shrugged and handed the piece of paper back to Sendak.

"When it's older, if you want, I can teach it Japanese." She said. 

"Really?" Sendak asked.

"No." Trigel said and sat down. Sendak frowned. He went back over to Haxus and Zarlon.

"It's name is Takashi Shirogane." Sendak said, sitting down between the two.

"Good to know." Haxus said sarcastically. Alfor walked in with his wife and newborn. They sat down across from Zarkon, Sendak, and Haxus. The two infants looked to one another.

"You look like a disgruntled Altean." Allura babbled to the child in Sendak's arms.

"You look like a disgruntled Elf. What's your point?" Takashi babbled back as though it was a primal instinct.