Field Trip Flip

Kathaleena

The next morning was a bit chilly so I took a warm shower and threw on some warm and comfortable. I put on a white sweater, black skinny jeans, and my thigh high brown boots I topped it all of with a white beanie and my curls brushed over my shoulder. I swung my bag over my other shoulder, and pet Dust goodbye, before I walked out to meet up with Peter so we could walk to school together.
"Hey, you ready for the field trip?" He asked.
"Yeah, you?" I grinned as we got on the train.
"Absolutely, it sounds cool, don't you think?" He beamed.
"It does sound really cool." I said unenthusiastically.
"What's wrong?" He asked
"My dad was in the military and he showed me around here when I was little. It might be a bit hard to come back." I sighed.
"Don't worry, Ned and I will be here for you the whole time ok?" He reassured me as we got on the bus.
"Thank's, Peter." I smiled softly as he sat next to Ned and I sat next to MJ.

***

"Class this is the memorial for the man who helped the military with making these weapons. Lieutenant General Karter Thompson." The man at the front said as he walked towards me and kneeled in front of me. "Your father was a brave, and ingenious man. He told me that everything he ever did was for his Kat." He said as a tear slipped from my eye.
"Lieutenant Thomas, it's been too long." I smiled softly as I saluted him and he saluted back.
"Your as strong as he was." He said as I bit my lip to stop my my eyes from watering. "I do have to tell you something before you leave. He told me to tell you the day I saw you. Also, he made this for you." He said as he pulled a necklace out of his pocket.

"He called you his Diamond Phoenix, as strong as a diamond, and as fiery as a Phoenix

"He called you his Diamond Phoenix, as strong as a diamond, and as fiery as a Phoenix." He dropped the locket into my hands. I thanked him before a familiar woman came over to finish our tour.
"Hello class, I am Abigail, Kat's babysitter when she was small, I am also the lead mechanic in this operation." She said as she side hugged me and led the class towards where they make the radioactive weapons. As we watched, something bit my hand and everything went black.

Peter's POV

As we watched the mechanics, something bit my hand and I swatted it onto the floor. My hand ached a little bit but I shook it off as I continued to watch. I saw something crawl on Kat's hand but I warned her to late. I saw the spider bite her and she yelped before she fell. I quickly caught her before she could collide with the floor and picked her up.
"Kat? Someone get some help!" I yelled as her eyes fluttered open and looked around.
"What happened?" She asked.
"You just collapsed, are you ok?" I asked as her cold hands started warming up.
"Yeah, that was really weird." She shook her head as I slowly helped her to her feet.
"Are you sure you're ok? Should we call an ambulance?" Mr. Herrington asked.
"No, I'm fine, probably just a little tired." She waved it off before we continued the tour. I looked at the floor where the spider was crushed before I turned and walked next to Kat for the rest of the trip.

***

I walked her home after the last bell rang and she seemed fine.
Once I got inside my apartment, I grabbed some neosporin on my hand, so hopefully it'll feel better in the morning, and went to bed.