2

"Thanks for driving me home." I smiled as I got off the bike and took the helmet off. Joshua stood up off the bike and stood in front of me. "It's no problem. Text me-. Wait, you don't have my number. Can I get your number?" Joshua asks as he grabs his phone from his zipped up leather jacket pocket. "Um, yeah sure." I smiled. Joshua smiles and hands me his phone with the add a contact screen on it. I quickly typed in my information before handing it back to him.

"I better get inside, thanks again for hanging out with me tonight." I thanked him before taking my dress out of the small bag on the bike. "Maybe we can do it again someday." He gently smiles. "I'm free this weekend, maybe we can go see a movie?" I asked. "Sounds like a plan. I'll text you later." Joshua smiled before placing my helmet in the bag. "I'll see you later, Joshua." I waved before walking towards my front door. "See you later!" I heard before the motorcycle starting roaring to life. The motorcycle rode down my street a couple moments later. I disappeared inside with everything I needed.

My brother was laying on the couch with chips thrown all over the table in front of him. His best friend, Jace, was sitting right next to him. "Hey." I called out. They both looked up at me. "Hey, you left in a dress and came back in casual clothes?" Jace laughs. "I left Homecoming early because I wasn't having fun." I shrugged.

"So you had more fun with Joshua?" My brother asked. "How'd you know I left with Joshua?" I asked before sitting down on the opposite couch. "I heard his motorcycle, and I saw you both on the snap map." Mason replied. "It could have been anybody's motorcycle." I shrugged. "You Just confessed you were with Joshua." Jace laughed. "Fine, I was with Joshua. Happy?" I asked as I stood up. "Is He your new boyfriend?" Mason asked. "No-." I started, but they both cut me off with kissing noises. "Ugh! Joshua and I are not dating!" I exclaimed before climbing the stairs and entering my room, slamming the door behind me. The two of them laughed downstairs as they knew they got on my nerves.

•••

"Hey, Angel!" A familiar voice rang out behind me while I was putting my things away at my locker in the morning with my best friend, Hailey, right beside me at her locker. "Hey, Joshua." I smiled. "I wanted to ask you something?" He suggested as he leaned against the locker next to mine. Hailey coughed beside me in attempt to join the conversation. "Right, this is Hailey, my best friend. Hailey, this is Joshua." I introduced them. "Nice to meet you." They both smiled at each other. "Anyways, what did you want to ask me?" I asked before closing my locker and holding my binders in my hand.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out on Thursday at the Lacrosse game? I heard you were going." He lightly smiled. "I'm on the team, I have to go." I giggled. "Right." Joshua laughs to himself. "I'm going to head to class, I'll see you guys at lunch or something." Hailey winks before walking towards her first period.

"You can come see me play though." I beamed at him. "I'd love to." He chuckles before the warning bell rings. "I'll see you later." I smiled before backing away to my first period.

•••

"And now...our goalie, Angel Orlando!" The announcer says through the speakers as Thunderstruck by AC/DC started playing. The crowd started to cheer. I grabbed my net and ran towards the goal before waiting for our uniform, required to be goalie. They still had to introduce my other teammates.

Everyone got in spot as our coach told them too get ready. The ball flew in the air and everyone started playing.

"I got it!" Beth yelled as she caught it and started running to the opposite goal. "You got this Beth!" I yelled.

•••

The game continued to play out. Coach Callaghan switched me and Sarah out, so now I was actually in the game. We were currently in the lead, and my teammates were working amazingly. "30 seconds!" Penelope yelled from the benches. "Come on guys!" The other team yelled.

"I got it!" I yelled as I realized I saw it flying towards me. I jumped and caught it before sprinting towards the goal.

"Shoot!" Zana yelled before I shot the ball into the hole, winning the game entirely.

"Let's go, Angel!" I heard a familiar voice yell from the stand. Their voice had to hurt from that yell. My teammates ran up to me as I looked up in the stands to see Joshua cheering me on beside Hailey and a couple other friends.

Our coaches ran over and hugged all of us. "We did it!" We exclaimed before cheering with each other. "Good game!" The other team smiled before making their way to their bench. "Good game, Raptors." We smiled at them before making our way to the bench.

"Now, head to the bathrooms or talk to family before heading to the bus to go back home!" Coach Leon told us before turning to coach Callaghan.

"Good job, Angel." Zana smiled before walking towards her twin sister, Zoe, who's also on the team. I saw Joshua waving me over at the gate. I ran over and met him and my friends at the gate. "Good job!" Hailey and Gaby smiled at me before handing me a chicken tender. "Oh thank god, I'm starving." I chuckled before turning to Joshua. I took a bite of the chicken as he started talking.

"You were amazing out there!" He chuckled before hugging me. "Thanks!" I chuckled before pulling away and pulling a little piece of the chicken off for him. He opened his mouth before literally eating it out of my hand. "You're weird." I giggled softly before looking around. "Hey, Angel? Do you have to ride the bus home?" Gaby asked. "Yeah, my coach has to make sure I get to my parents safe." I softly nodded.

"You free tomorrow?" Joshua asked as they both said their goodbyes and walked away, but not before winking at the two of us.

"I'm free." I said as I finished the chicken tender. The two of us started walking to the bus. "Sounds good, I'll see you tomorrow." Joshua smiled. I blushed as we approached the bus. "I should probably get going, I drove my bike here and it's supposed to rain later." Joshua smiled.

"Cool, text me when you get home, just so I know you're safe." I smiled up at him. "Will do!" He smiled before quickly hugging me and running off. Blushing, I got on the bus to see my teammates.

"Awe!" Everyone jokes. "Shut up!" I chuckled before sitting down.

•••

As we pulled up to the school, I got a text from Joshua.

Hey! Just got home, I'm probably going to stay up for a little bit so feel free to text!

'Cool, thanks!' I typed before collecting my things and exiting the bus. My eyes searched around for my mom, but then I realized she was out of town. I also didn't see my brother or Jace, so I sighed and sat down on the sidewalk. I pulled my phone out and quickly called the first person who came to mind.

"Hey!" His voice rang through the phone.

"Josh? Can you pick me up?" I softly said. "Of course, I'm on my way." Joshua quickly said. "Thank you." I sighed before hanging up and tucking my knees to my chest.