Chapter 6: Drugged

Nighttime patrols were becoming a normal thing for the Christian-Crystal Guardians since crime was also committed in the dark. So Skipper had the idea that one person would get a night patrol time. If it was easy, then one person should handle it. But if it was serious, them the whole gang had to be called in to help. One never knows what's going to happen at these times.
...........................................................................
    One night, everyone was waiting for Dusty to get back from his patrol. Clara was passing the time by practicing her newfound power: learning how to use her heart-shaped archery as defence and heart-shaped energy barriers as shields. She was always a quick learner and soon caught on pretty quick. Everyone was pretty much having a good time when the door opened, causing everyone to turn around. And there was Dusty, stumbling in as if he had to much alcohol. "Hey Dusty," Flutershy said, waving. "How was your patrol?"

    "Swas AMAzing! I got shot by a dart." Dusty giggled as he spun around in a circle. "I pulled it outta myself and threw it in the river. It floated away now." He squinted at the lights. "Why's th' room so bright?"

    "Dusty, how did you get shot?" Twilight Sparkle asked, raising an eyebrow.

    Dusty stared at her for a good 30 seconds. "Huh?"

    "You, Dusty," Tom said. "How did you get shot?" By now, he, Jerry, Butch, and Lightning were trying to hold their laughter, which was hard considering all the snorts coming out.

    "I got shot?!" Dusty spun around once and fell to the ground. At that, Tom burst out laughing so hard, he nearly fell off the couch.

    Skipper rolled his eyes as he, Ripslinger, and Twilight came over. "Skip, I'm dizzzzy," Dusty slurred.

    "That's because you got drugged, kiddo," Skipper replied.

    "Ohhhhhhhhhh noooooooooo," Dusty replied back.

    Then he giggled. "Drug's a funny word." By now, Jerry, Butch, and Lightning were laughing as well-as hard as Tom.

    Skipper sighed as he picked Dusty up. "Come on, kiddo, let's see what in your system. Rip, call Starlight."

    "Rip?" Dusty asked.

    "Right here, man," Rip answered, patting his shoulder.

    Skipper smiled as he carried Dusty to the med bay. As soon as they left the room, pretty much everyone burst out laughing. Then, Tom had an idea. "Hey, Clara!" he called. "Wanna know how Dusty beat Rip in his first race?"

    Clara looked up from her practice with a raised eyebrow. "How?" she asked.

    Tom snickered as he crept behind Rip and with a swipe of his arm sent Rip flipping off his feet into the air before landing on his back. "I shot him in ze legs 'cause his shield's the size of a dinner plate and he's an idiot!" At that, the whole room burst in laughter, Jerry laughing so hard he was practically rolling on the floor with Butch and Lightning.

    Rip was embarrassed. "Oh, come on," he pouted.

    Even Clara was giggling. She knew that wasn't true, but it still made for a good laugh every now and then.
...........................................................................
    Starlight Glimmer was working on some stuff when Skipper entered with a drugged-and-by-now drowsy Dusty in his arms. "Hey, guys. What's up?" she asked, gong over to them.

    Dusty yawned. "Is that Star-sta-st-Starlighter Glimmerary?" he asked sleepily.

    That sent Starlight and Skipper laughing. "Yes, Dusty. I'm Doctor Starlighter Glimmerary," Starlight wheezed as Skipper doubled-over the table from laughing so hard.

    Dusty pouted as Starlight looked through her desk drawer. "No fair. You guys get to make 'un of me because I'm on drugs." He yawned. "I'm tired."

    "Hang tight, buddy," Starlight said as she came back with a needle. "Just need to get some blood out of you so that I can find out what's in it."

    Dusty shivered but calmed down when Skipper held his hand. Starlight drew the blood and took it out. While she was looking closely at it through a microscope while doing research, Dusty meanwhile leaned into Skipper, snuggling into him. Skipper smiled and wrapped am arm around him just as Starlight returned. "He'll be alright soon," she said. "Just needs a lot of rest, that's all."

    "You hear that, son?" Skipper asked. "We need to get you in bed."

    "Yes, Doctor Starlighter Glimmerary," Dusty drowsed out. This time, all the of them laughed.

    Skipper just chuckled and stood up, lifting Dusty up with him. Eventually, he got upstairs with a brief update to Creech. He laid Dusty down and tucked the covers tightly around him. "Daddy?" the younger asked.

    "What is it, kiddo?"

    "Can you stay with me? I don't feel so good."

    Skipper smiled. "Of course, kiddo," he answered.

    After getting in bed, Dusty snuggled up into Skipper. The veteran could feel the heat radiating off the younger. Must be from those drugs wearing off.
...........................................................................
    "Thanks, Dad. I'll leave you alone now," Dusty said the next day.

    He had woken up and asked what had happened. He tried to leave, but Skipper had a firm grip on him. "Why don't you rest a while more? Those drugs did a number on you."

    Dusty smiled and laid back down, his back pressed against his father's chest. Skipper smiled and ran a hand through his hair, making him sigh happily. "I love you, Dad," Dusty yawned as he drifted off.

    Skipper smiled. "You to, kiddo," he said, hugging him tighter from behind.

    They ended up staying like that for the rest of the day.