Chapter 1

Steven's POV

It was a bright yet happy night, the people of Beach City were all on the beach with Me, Connie and the Gems took a part of it too! It was really fun, we all started singing. Connie started singing the Crystal Gem Song, and then the Gems sang along. Everyone decided to join it, and in the end, they all laughed when my name was mentioned. Peedee looked my way and gave me a grin, and then asked ''So, do you Save the Earth too?'' Peedee laughed, and I looked sad on the ground, feeling confused and upset. Connie patted me on the back, and reassuringly told me ''It's fine, Steven! he's just joking!'' Though, it did not feel like it. I caught Amethyst staring at me, worried. She really did not like that these guys were like that, so she just said ''yo, Steven is a Crystal Gem, He has done so much for you guys yet you laugh at him? Do you not realize how many times he risked his life... Just for your happiness?!'' After she started screaming about that, everyone was staring at me, and then just looked away, most likely feeling bad... I reassuringly said ''It's fine! It really is! Let's just ignore what just happened and continue having fun!'' though, I felt truly hurt.

Pearl's POV

I could not help but look at him, he is still staring at the ground while trying to smile, I wish he did not feel this way. I started speaking up and reassured everyone ''Yes! Steven is a talented Crystal Gem! His existence has brought everyone.. everyone..'' I could not talk, i was somehow still and froze. I didn't understand why, but i tried looking at Steven and saw his face, it truly broke my heart. I was paralyzed, but after Amethyst hit me on the back, i wasn't anymore. Though, i could see that Steven was smiling at me because i was moving again. His Smile means everything to me! he means everything to me! I love him! I love Rose! I love both so much... I noticed how one of his friends named Sadie was trying to speak, and then she finally managed it. ''Guys, Steven really does try his best!'' ''In what? In coming in to our shop and having a accident everytime HE COMES?'' Lars said in an angry tone. I looked at Steven, and he held his hands to his face with Connie looking worried about him. Sadie slapped Lars, he was really rude! I got up and got infront of Lars and had the urge to slap him, but instead i told him ''Steven is Steven, he is perfect the way he is. He means so much to us, and Steven makes accidents JUST. LIKE. YOU.'' in an angry tone. Oh god, i felt so sorry for him but i had to! it was for Rose!

Steven POV

I.. I'm.. i feel bad..! I could only ask of Pearl to stop.. ''Pearl, please! It's okay! I'm f-fine..!'' But, it wasn't. ''Steven, are you alright?'' Connie murmured. ''Yes! I'm okay!'' I reassured everyone. Though we started singing again and it was very fun, especially for Pearl since she knows I am feeling better. I felt lots of pain, somewhere above my gem. I didn't mind, at least not till I saw blood on the ground and then all went black...

Connie's POV

We had not seen Steven looking sick, but he fainted and we did not know why. ''Steven? Are you all-'' Peridot said in a worried tone but was cut off by seeing Steven poof. I could only hear Pearl and Amethyst crying and my own heartbeat, raising. It was scary and I couldn't move, I was paralyzed and starting grasping onto his gem, I heard my mother asking me if I was alright but I just couldn't respond, I loved Steven, I have a crush on him!