Chapter 4

(excited for Steven Universe Future~)

Rose's POV
It was odd, the diamonds were happy with Steven and me? It did feel confusing too, actually. ''So... How would it look like if you two fused? Would you form Pink?'' Yellow asked us, Steven shrugged and then so did I. I noticed the other Pearls talking with my Pearl, she seemed so happy... ''Could you... Try it?'' Blue asked. I could hear the humans in the background whispering. ''Please? We want to see our Starlight again.'' White said, in a more depressing tone. Steven sighed, and then we both did our fusion dance, when we fused we turned into Pink Diamond. Her full form, but she was taller and had a bit more poofy hair.

Pink Diamond's POV
''Happy?'' I asked the diamonds. ''The great diamond Authority...!!'' Ronaldo, that human whispered. ''Pink!'' all of the other diamonds said while grabbing me and squeezing me. ''Ow, ow ow ow!'' Pink thought and hissed out loud. The other diamonds put me down and started looking at a shiny building. ''Hey Pink? What's that shiny thing?'' Yellow asked. ''Oh! In there is the panel you gave me so I could watch over earth and still continue to do my things.'' I said, everyone literally knew it was Steven saying that. ''Okay Pink, it was nice seeing you but we have to go.'' Blue said and I unfused.

Steven's POV
''Okay, Bye you guys!'' I said with the diamonds smiling at me, then leaving in White's Ship. ''So... Is nobody going to question the Pink Steven over there?'' Lapis asked. ''Oh...'' I said, very nervous. ''Shouldn't you be back in my gem?'' I asked the Pink Steven, it nodded and disappeared into my gem. ''Ouch.'' I hissed and realized that I had to get back to work. ''Oh no! Sorry you guys, I have to go finish some important matters! I'll be back soon!'' I said while running up to the shiny base.

Amethyst's POV
''He sure works hard.'' I said, with Pearl chuckling. ''So he took on the diamond authority's... Oh boy.'' Rose said in a nervous tone. ''What's wrong, Ms. Universe?'' Jenny asked. ''It's just, I know we both are the same person but since he's part organic he could overwhelm himself and stress himself out. It could crack his gem, of how much pressure there is, he's very young.'' Rose said, but then stopped and looked at Pearl. ''My Pearl, do you still have an observation device?'' Rose asked Pearl, with me and Garnet being very confused. We both looked at each other and shrugged. ''Oh, Yes I do.'' Pearl said, she danced and then a big round ball came out of her gem. Rose grabbed it and looked at it. ''Are we ready to find out what Steven does in one whole day?'' Rose asked all of us nodded, even the humans did. Rose out the ball in the middle, and it was shining bright and then a screen came out. ''Please Show us the Observation of Pink diamond, for a whole earth day.'' The screen changed to Steven staring into a picture of the gems. He noticed and continued working on his panel. ''wow, that's boring.'' I said.

Steven's POV
''Planet? No, not colonize! I should go send a few guards and see if there are living creatures on that planet or even plants growing.'' I said to myself, I continued talking to myself while working for a bit. ''I could go for some food right now...'' I said to myself, and then went down to the temple and got myself a sandwich Pearl made, it had a note. ''Dear Steven, you were working really hard today so I decided to make you your favorite sandwich! I put some vegetables with it, I know you like them. Love, Pearl... Why does she always have to be so amazing?'' I asked myself after I read the note. I quickly took a big bite out of the sandwich and forgot my work. ''I guess I could eat later..'' I said and then ran up back to the base and continued talking to myself and working, ''Ooo, Finally someone exciting!'' I said because Pink Pearl was calling me. I picked up and put her face on the screen. ''My diamond, there is currently a very important matter going on. Blue diamond does not know what to do, Yellow and White don't either, we need your help.'' She said, and I nodded. ''I'll be right there!'' I said while warping to the homeworld and then going in White's bubble as she summoned me to the trial room. ''Pink Diamond, this Aquamarine has shattered 3 Topaz's, yet we do not know if she really did it,''  Blue explained. ''Were there any other gems by the scene?'' ''No, my diamond. She was caught near shattered gem pieces, and she admits she's guilty but she is not saying why or what actually happened.'' A Blue Zircon said. ''Please, Aquamarine. Speak now or it'll be sentenced to prison for shattering gems. We need to know why and how, so please do respond.'' ''Of course, my diamond... I stood by the scene because I shattered them, but they...'' the Aquamarine looked in pain and I could tell her gem was close to being shattered. ''You... They attacked you in order to shatter you, correct?'' I asked. Blue and Yellow were looking at me and they were shocked by how I got it so fast. ''Yes, my diamond. I do not recall summoning my weapon since I can't even do it, while I was running someone came after the 3 of us and they shattered them.'' the Aquamarine said, while slowly corrupting. I went down my seat, licked my hand and put it on her gem, she stopped corrupting and I went back to my seat. ''Now, did you see who it was?'' I asked. ''It was an Emerald, but it had pink armor on.'' the little gem said, while I was thinking if I had an emerald as a guard. I whispered to my Pearl to go get the gem, and she ran out and was gone. ''Are you saying it was one of Pink's guards?'' Yellow asked. My Pearl came back with an emerald in Pink armor. ''It's you! Please stay away! I don't want to be shattered!'' the small gem said. I looked at Yellow and Blue and nodded. ''Alright, Aquamarine. You very much proved yourself to be not guilty, but you will stay in our watch.'' I told the little gem who was nodding. ''Pink, what should we do with that emerald?'' Yellow asked. ''Sending it seems like a better option than shattering it, Yellow.'' I told the big giraffe looking diamond and she nodded, Blue did too. ''For shattering 2 gems, you will be sentenced for a couple hundred years in a prison cell.'' Blue said, and the emerald was taken away by Blue's guards. ''Trial dismissed.'' Yellow said, and my and my pearl walked out of there. ''Are you alright, Steven?'' She asked. ''Yes, I'm doing alright, just that it upsets me when gems shatter others, and this time it was one of my guards...'' I said, looking overwhelmed. ''Do you want to be sent back to the earth and rest? I'll take care of the rest of your work.'' she said, and I wasn't so sure. ''Are you sure? I don't want you getting overwhelmed either.'' I said and she nodded. ''Okay, well if you say so.'' We both warped to the earth and Pink Pearl sat down and went straight to work, I was laying down next to the warp pad. ''Steven, the planet you are looking into has much life like this one. Do you want to make sure it stays intact better or just leave it like it is?'' she asked me, I was thinking. ''Yeah, it's best we just help it stay full of life. All life matters'' I said while staring at a picture of the gems. ''Steven, are those your friends?'' she asked with a smile on her face ''No, they're my family.'' I said smiling and I noticed she was smiling too. ''You count as family, too.'' I said and she looked happy. She went back to work and I went and ate.

Pearl's POV
''Wow, he does... so much for a kid his age.'' Jamie said worryingly. ''I... Never expected that he does so much, especially diamond-related stuff.'' Amethyst said. it followed along with a yikes from everyone besides a few gems. ''I don't know what to say anymore..'' Rose said, clearly realizing why he is so important to everyone.

''He is a diamond, we can't do much. We're lucky that he sees us as his family and has a kind heart.'' Lapis said, making it a bit more awkward. ''Lapis is right, Steven is a diamond, but that the diamonds put all their work onto Steven isn't good! Those clods!'' Peridot said. Steven walked to us, with a grin. ''Hi Steven!'' Connie and I said. ''Are you guys alright?'' Steven asked. ''Steven you gotta quit your job'' the human child called Buck said. ''J...job? I don't have a job?'' Steven said confused. ''Steven.. We know you are a diamond and do so many things, and yet you have not relaxed as much as you should.'' I said, with the most positive tone I could give. Steven looked like he was thinking. ''Please, Steven... For us?'' Lapis said with a smile. Steven's gem was glowing, and a panel of some sort appeared. Steven called Blue Diamond. ''Hi, Blue'' he said, no one understood what he was trying to do. ''Hi, Steven! Have you finished your duty yet?'' Blue asked. ''About that, I was gonna ask if I could take a break, I'm still part human and I don't feel so well.'' Steven told Blue, all of us understood now. ''Oh! Of course, I'll inform White and Yellow, but please do come visit us while you are taking a break'' Blue said. ''Of course, I'll come by'' Steven said with a grin, he noticed Yellow was also there. ''Hi Yellow.'' Yellow waved and was beginning to speak ''Steven, let me remind you that you can always take a break, anytime.'' Yellow said and Steven nodded. ''We gotta go, we love you Pink!'' Steven waved and the panel closed. Steven sat next to Rose. ''So what are we gonna do?'' he smiled at all of us.

yeah, what are they going to do? guess you'll find out in the next chapter~

...to be continued.