Chapter 1

Once Upon a Time

Once Upon a Time...

Walking towards New York's Midtown High was a teenage boy by the name of Remus Fée. Well, walking isn't really the right word to use. Stalking is perhaps more appropriate to describe the boy's movement as he walked alongside his foster mother Maleficent Fée, or Mal to those she considers friends, his foster brother Deavil, and his foster sister Rapuzel.

Remus growled as a pedestrian wandered too close to him, causing the woman who reeked of entitlement and sported an extremely short haircut to dramatically gasp. "Did you just growl at me?!"

Before Remus could reply, Mal pinned the woman with a glare that very well almost sent the woman to an early grave. "Keep moving."

The woman gawked at the pair before re-shouldering her bag and quickly hurrying ahead, muttering about 'how beastly they were' and 'I have never been treated so rudely' as she did.

Mal looked at her youngest foster son before raising an eyebrow, voice lacking any real malice as she spoke. "Is control not something in your vocabulary?"

Remus, in turn, raised an eyebrow back. "Funny yae tell me that as yae walk us towards a cesspit of hormonal hobgoblins." Said cesspit of hormonal hobgoblins finally came into view, and the boy looked at his foster mother with desperation. "Why are yae makin' us do this?"

Deavil smirked dryly. "Because she's legally obligated by human laws to send you to school, just like she's legally obligated to send Rory to school."

He cackled as the boy groaned. Rapunzel shot her foster brother a chiding look before squeezing Remus' hand. "This could be a really good thing Rem! Think of it as a chance to practice control. After this, there will be nothing that phases you."

The lycan looked at his sunny foster sister before giving her a small grin. "You're optimism is astounding Punzie."

The blond playfully wrinkled her nose at him as the makeshift family made their way along, swinging their joined hands as she hummed to herself.

You see, Remus Fée was not what one would call a normal boy, at least by human standards. Which he most definitely was not. Remus Fée was a werewolf, which is not to be confused with a lycanthrope. In fact, most of the people that Remus associated with weren't human. Mal was a Dark Fey, Deavil was a shapeshifter, really almost everyone that has been living in Eliza's house-turned their apartment building for a long period of time was a creature of some fantastical caliber. The only humans he was truly close with was his foster sisters, Aurora and Rapunzel, even though the latter was technically a witch in training.