Chapter Six

Landon, London, and Thor all sat the tiny table eating the chicken pot pie their father had made before he left for work. The only sound was the silverware clinking on the plates as they ate. The room was dead silent as if they were all holding their breaths. It soon became almost like a game, who was going to make a sound first. Speak, breath, pretend to cough, anything. It was like a never-ending round of the silent game. Landon was never good at the silent game. In fact, he was always the one who lost the first but this time he was determined not to say anything. He feared that saying something would ruin something or make the god of thunder mad.

"Is the weather usually this warm here?" Thor asked awkwardly, tapping his fingers on the table. London nodded and Landon's eyes widened in shock. Thor had talked first, he didn't lose this time!

"YES! I win! I win, I win, I win." Landon shouted, standing up from his seat and doing a weird wiggly dance. "You talked first so you lose!" He shouted and pointed at Thor. London scoffed and glared at him like he was crazy.

"What are you, five? That was an awkward silence, not the quiet game." London rolled her eyes and put a bite of chicken pot pie in her mouth. Thor stared at Landon with an extremely confused expression on his face as he continued to do a wiggle dance in front of everyone. London sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose as if super upset that she was related to the person she saw before her. Landon only sat down when he noticed neither London nor Thor was amused by this. Startling them, Irpa came fumbling into the room. She looked behind her as if something had been chasing her.

"Thor, how do you possibly manage to be friends with that psychopath?" Irpa croaked, trying to catch her breath. Thor cracked a smile and a slight laugh slipped past his lips. Even London seemed amused by this.

"Empty threats, they keep him in line...most of the time," Thor replied. He knew it was so much more than that but it would take hours to explain. Irpa sighed and plopped into a seat next to Thor. Landon flinched at her every move. "Why, what did he do?" Irpa hesitated.

"He is very hesitant to trust me. Regardless of the fact that I saved both of you." Irpa replied, rubbing her hands down her face. The slightest smile tugged on the edge of Thor's lips. "I do not understand the stubbornness of him."

"Me neither, and I have known him for a very long time." Thor snorted. Irpa wore a look of exhaustion and frustration. "Whatever you do, DO NOT call him fish face. That will get you killed for sure."

"Why in the world would anyone call him that?" Irpa exclaimed. Thor burst into laughter and rubbed his hands together.

"Long story short, Tyr got mad at Loki and slapped him in the face with an entire fish. It was pretty funny to watch but Loki does not find it amusing at all." Irpa couldn't hold back her smile and Thor couldn't help but notice how beautiful her teeth were. His face went blank as he watched her laugh. Irpa's golden eyes shone with joy and happiness. Thor smiled and looked at Irpa, in awe of her beauty. London noticed the way Thor was looking at Irpa and her eyes widened. She had seen that look so many times before.

"Well isn't that a lovely story. I would totally slap Loki with a fish if I had the chance." London giggled. Thor laughed and nodded in agreement. Irpa glanced over at Landon who was watching her like a hawk with a very distressed look on his face. London also noticed this and her smile faded. "Landon, what's the matter?"

"Perhaps it is me. Is the presence of a goddess throwing you into fear, little one?" She asked, leaning a bit closer. Landon inhaled sharply and scooched back a bit. Irpa chuckled and leaned back into her seat. Thor didn't look amused and neither did London. Landon glanced over to London and they shared a look of realization. London suddenly became very nervous and lost her appetite. Luckily, Irpa didn't notice the sudden awkwardness in the room.

"Dinner is over, get out. All of you." Landon said, standing up so fast his chair fell over. London nodded her head in agreement. "Our father will be home soon and we wouldn't want him to find out he had a god over for dinner."

"Are you sure that's the only reason, Landon?" Irpa asked, a cruel smile spreading across her face. Thor was to busy trying to finish what was on his plate to notice it. "Are you... hiding something?"

"I am not stupid enough to try and hide something from a goddess," Landon answered, not backing down when Irpa leaned down. Their faces were only an inch apart as if they were having an intense staring contest.

"Very well, I think it's time I go check on Loki before he burns the house down," Irpa said, not waiting for a second before she disappeared in a flash of light. Landon let out a breath of relief as soon as she was gone. It was only then that Thor looked up from his plate with a confused expression on his face.

"London, you're thinking what I am thinking right?" Landon asked, placing his hands on the table. London nodded in agreement. Thor looked around, still super confused.

"We need to research." The twins said at the exact same time.