-Part 7-

-Dallon POV-

I winked at him.

I fucking winked at him!

That's how I get everyone. I lost count of how many one-night stands I've been through all because of that wink. It gets me who and what I want, when I want it.

Ryan stands in front of the couch, his mouth hanging open slightly. His ears and cheeks are a bright, raspberry red. He has a cute "dumbfounded" face.

I kinda wanna kiss it.

Shit, that's early.

"Sorry, am I... too much?" I lean my head back and close my eyes.

Ryan clears his throat and I hear him shuffle his feet. "Uh... no, not at all." I open one eye and watch him cautiously lower himself onto the floor and lean against the couch I have stretched myself out on. He sits towards the middle of it. I watch his eyes go a little wide when he looks down at the floor. I try to follow his gaze but he throws the object under the couch. I wonder what it was. Maybe it was just something that embarrassed him to have out in the open with a guest over.

I see him look up at me but, as soon as he sees me watching, he looks away quickly. Instead of the normal blush and subtle grin that usually paint his face when he looks at me, he looks down and frowns.

I reach down and mess up Ryan's hair. He smacks my hand away and looks up with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. His eyes are dull.

"You okay?" I look him in the eyes.

He holds eye contact for a split second then looks away. The familiar red fills his cheeks again. "Yeah. Yeah I'm fine."

"Alright." I mess with his hair again, soft blue strands running through my fingers.

"So, uh, should we, like, ask each other questions or something?" Ryan wonders. I sit up and put my legs on either side of his shoulders. He looks up and I continue playing with his hair.

"I mean, I guess. I'm not good at this relationship thing," I admit. "But I mean, I'll start. What's your biggest dream?"

Ryan's closes his eyes. I noticed that he does that when he's thinking.

"It's really simple," he says quietly.

"Hit me," I say.

"Well... I really just wanna live until I'm old. With like a husband or a boyfriend and I wanna live a happy life. Like I wanna wake up next to the person I love and I wanna have breakfast with them and I wanna see movies and do stupid shit with them and just... live. You know?"

I find that I've twisted a piece of his hair around my finger and held it there. I let go and it falls back into his hair, though it stands out with a slight wave to it. Ryan opens his eyes slowly and tilts his head back more and looks me in the eyes.

"Sorry. Was that too, uh, cheesy?" He blushes.

"No. Not at all," I answer.

"What's your biggest dream?" He closes his eyes. I trace his jawline lightly with my finger.

"Having enough money to pay rent," I say flatly. Ryan opens his eyes again and searches my face before he starts laughing. My cheeks go hot and I laugh with him.

"But what's really your biggest dream?" He's still smiling, his eyes crinkled. My gaze seems to trace every single one of those lines.

"I don't really know. I kinda wanna travel the world. Mainly Europe," I tell him. "I've always had an interest in Europe."

I throw my legs over to the same side and slide off the couch slowly so I can sit by Ryan. We turn to look at each other. Our faces are close. A smile that I can tell could not be stopped splits his face. I smile back.

Ryan twists his body and lifts his hand up to delicately trace my jaw. He stops and lifts his other hand to cup my face. His hands are soft, they remind me of silk.

The way he angles his arms causes the oversized sleeves of his hoodie to slide down his forearm. We hold an intense gaze, eyes locked. I think that I might even be scared of the sheer intensity that his eyes hold. Their dullness had faded away and revealed fiery depths of chocolate brown. I force myself to look away and I end up looking down at his forearms.

I thought I saw little red slashes but Ryan's thumb runs over my cheek and I find myself compelled to peer into those fiery eyes again.

"So, are you just gonna look at me, or..." I trail off. Ryan leaves his hands on my face for a couple more seconds before dropping them.

"Sorry," he whispers. He looks at his arms and hastily pulls the sleeves back over his hands.

My hands find his shoulders. "No, no it's okay," I reassure him. I pull him closer and I surprise myself by setting him on my lap. He buries his face into my neck and I hug him against my chest. After a few minutes of us sitting there, me holding Ryan, he pushes against me gently. I let go of him. He sits up and swipes his hair out of his face. He looks out the window.

"Hey, Dal?" He mumbles.

I tense. Dal. Not gonna lie, I think it's cute. Suits me, if you know what I mean. Might as well return cute short nicknames, right? "Yeah, Ry?"

I see him swallow before he turns back to me with a sheepish grin. "Will you play me a song?"