What Just Happend?!

Steven opened his eyes, holding his head as he groaned in pain...

"Connie what happened?" He asked, looking down at her when he got no response...

Wait...

Down?

They where the same hight!

He looked at his hand and yelped, it was pink! He didn't die and heal himself did he? No...

"S-Steven?!" Connie asked with a panicked voice.

"Connie what's going on!? Why am I pink?! Why are you so small?!" Steven asked frantically, his eyes wide with panic.

"I-I don't know!" Connie said "You poofed and now you're like this!" She explained, though it barley answered anything.

Connie was kind of a mess... 'it was my fault he got poofed in the first place...' she thought, still staring at her best friend.

Steven took a deep breath and exhaled, he looked back at Connie.

"Should we go to the gems?" He asked

"Pearl said that they wouldn't be back for at least..." she checked her phone "another 2 hours" she said, pocketing her phone.

"Jeez" Steven muttered, tilting his head back a bit...

"I'm super tired... heh" he said, looking up. The sun had started to set, creating a orange hue across the horizon.

"Ditto..." Connie said, leaning against Stevens now bigger form.

They both fell asleep, Steven against a tree and Connie against Steven.

Only 30 minuets into they're nap and Connie started tossing and turning, her dream reminding her of the horrifying sight of Steven being bitten in half before poofing...

Steven opened a half lidded eye at the movement next to him, he saw Connie, her face scrunched up and fear... concern flooded his face and he wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer to him.

This worked, Connie calmed down and started resting peacefully.

A beeping sound came from Connie's phone, Steven guessed she would set an alarm.

They got up and started going over how to get back to the house without freaking out the city.

"Why don't we sneak from around the outskirts of the forest to stay hidden?" Connie suggested

"Thats a good idea!" Steven agreed.

They walked right next to the outside of the forest, keeping eyes and ears out for that corrupted gem.

They made it to the house and Steven quickly got underneath it. Connie went up and walked in the door.

The warp pad shimmered as the gems appeared, They greeted Connie and Connie pulled Pearl aside.

"Pearl we have a problem..." Connie whispered.

"What about?" Pearl asked

"Something happened to Steven..." Connie said.

They walked down the stairs and went underneath the house, when they saw Steven Pearl's eyes widened to the size of saucers.

"H-hi Pearl..." Steven muttered, waving his pink hand.

"P-Steven?!" Pearl almost yelled.

"Y-yeah..." Steven muttered, seemingly trying to sink into himself.

"How did this happen?!" Pearl asked, her hands on her head.

"We don't know! Steven poofed and when he reformed he became this!" Connie explained.

"Pearl please tell me you know what's going on!" Steven psudo yelled.

"I-I don't know..." Pearl said

"How did you even poof in the first place?!" She asked.

"Corrupted gem..." Connie and Steven said.

"So that's where it was..." Pearl muttered

Pearl looked at Steven... his face was full of fear... it made her feel terrible for leaving them alone in the first place!

"Maybe Peridot could help? She is an expert on gems" Connie said.

"Good idea" Pearl agreed...

"But how are we going to get me to the warp pad without being seen?" Steven asked.

"We'll just have to be sneaky..." Said Connie

===
CHAPTER 2 AND IM ALL OUT OF BRAINCELLS

I NEED A MINETE TO REGROW EM