~•¥Chapter Four¥•~

Y/N's POV

  I tumble forward through the void. It's not like I thought it was going to be, as quickly as one can think in this situation. The trip is warm instead of cold and decently quick. No, not decently. Insanely quick, because right after I'm thrown in, I end up sprawled out on hardwood floorboards. I can only scramble to my knees before the man's hand is back around my throat.

  Villains surround me on all sides of this...bar? It's certainly not a real pub, too small, but it has one lengthy bar counter with hanging lights above it, and the smell of alcohol lingers in the air. A boy with a bird-beak mask and dark hair walks towards my direction and the man behind me moves his hand to yank me to my feet by my collar. The masked boy wears a green and purple fur coat with white gloves. He takes out a handkerchief and reaches out with it. He grabs my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"You're sure this...child could be any use to us?" says the masked man.

"Of course," says the man who captured me. "A runaway U.A. student who lived with Endeavor? Couldn't be an easier target. Besides, look at his wings. Only one other person in Japan has a quirk such as this."

"Hawks," says another villain.

"Exactly. A family member of a hero, living in the same house as Endeavor. He's full of information."

"We'll seem," replies the masked man.

  The masked boy reaches to move the hair my eyes and I spit directly in his face. He blinks slowly, deliberately, and delicately wipes his cheek. Before I know it, though, one moment I'm staring into the eyes of a disgusting villain, and the next I'm squirming underneath him as he holds me to the floor. The tip of his beak rests above my esophagus. "Delinquent brat," he growls.

  He pulls my phone and earbuds out of my pocket and tosses them to the side. He reaches behind him and I hear the jangle of what sounds like chains. He pulls a choke collar from behind him, clearly expecting my arrival, and clicks it around my throat. A long chain connects to it. Yanking me off the ground, he pulls me toward the back of the room where there's a door in the corner.

Yelling, kicking, thrashing. I do anything I can to get away from him. Spreading my wings, I take a powerful flap into the air before gasping from the pain of the pinch collar and colliding with the floorboards. It's louder now, or maybe that's my own panic making me more frantic. Everything's moving too fast, I can't process my surroundings. My body screams with the need to escape, but I can't do a single thing to succeed. He pulls, dragging me across the floor as I claw at the collar. Some of the other villains chuckle. Some just watch. One looks like she just can't get enough of this and is ready to tear me apart herself. The boy finally gets me through the door. The small room has a bed centered in the middle, pushed against the wall, with two nightstands beside it. There's a long bay window that you can't see out of, and probably not into, and another door in the middle of the east wall. Beside that door...there's a hook in the wall.

  That's where they're gonna put me. Leave me chained there and starve me to death when I don't give them answers.

  I wail out. This...this will not happen. It can't. It won't.

I growl from the back of my throat and grab a hold of the chain, yanking the masked man back and slamming my knee into his chest. A few of my feathers disconnect from my wings, heading straight towards the masked boy, but none of them make contact. He dodges every single one, but I manage to slip behind him and land a kick to his spine.

  Endeavor never bothered with training me. If I ever came home before dinner, I would be locked up and kept to my studies. I can't control my power like my brother, and now, when I need it most, I wish I could.