Fear

Nightmare came closer and put his foot on my chest, his eyes bloody red.
My breath went faster and I instantly stopped moving completely.
Nightmare growled and took a long wooden bar from the wall behind me. I yelled as he raised the bar above his head, ready to knock me out.
I only had one chance to escape.
I kicked him where it hurts and stood up. Nightmare dropped the bar and curled up with a loud scream.
I took the chance and bolted out the door, almost falling down the stairs. I sprinted through the living room and tried to open the door, but it was locked. I started punching the door, yelling in fear.
A loud laughter cut me off and I turned around slowly.
Nightmare was coming towards me, the bar in his hand. He was slightly limping but he didn't care.
An extremely terrifying grin was lying on his lips and revealed his sharp teeth, yet this didn't scare me as much as the fact that he doesn't really recognize me.
I looked to me left. There was a window, but the drop was rather deep.
With a deep breath I looked back at Nightmare, who was now standing in front of me. His left side was free while he blocked the right side off.
I had no other choice as he raised the bar.
I dodged it and went a bit closer to the window. Nightmare followed me and locked me between his arms. The window was now right behind me.
Nightmare whispered dangerously calm: "Now I've got you down, Hero~"
I shook my head and kicked him with all my strength away, throwing myself through the thin glass.
I fell and fell, feeling nothing around me but the wind howling in my ears. A loud yell broke this howling for a moment before I saw Nightmare staring out the window, his black and white eyes widened.
I knew he wasn't really good at teleporting, so if he'd follow me, he might get killed as well.
The fall only lasted around twenty seconds before a sharp spike impaled me, sending a heavy, piercing pain through my back and chest.
Everything went black and a slight feeling of regret appeared in my mind before it shut down completely.

I was standing on the edge of a cliff, looking down to the river on the ground. A slight shiver went through my body and I looked down.
I was clothed in all white. White Shirt, white jacket, white ripped jeans, white shoes. My skin was pale and multiple golden lines crisscrossed it where usually my veins should be.
"Huh. So spirits do exist."
I never believed in ghosts or spirits in the first place but that completely changed everything. I looked behind me to see if something else changed and instantly saw two long, white wings with a few golden feathers on my back. Slightly confused I raised my eyebrows and turned around completely as I saw another ghost come closer to me. As he was standing in front of me I suddenly noticed that this wasn't just a ghost. It was Notch.
He smiled at me gently and showed me to follow him around.
I did and together we went through this place. It seemed like heaven.
"Do you remember this place, Herobrine?", he asked calmly.
I shook my head and answered: "I don't. But if I had to guess I'd say we're in heaven." This sentence made Notch chuckle softly. "Well, you may or may not be right. This place is heaven to some, home to others. But all in one it is just the Aether."
I stopped in my tracks and looked at him in shock. "How did I get here then? If I died, I should've been sent to the Nether since my life wasn't all free of sin!"
Notch stopped as well and rolled his dark brown eyes. "Why'd you jump?"
That easy question confused me a lot more, but I answered: "I jumped to get Nightmare back to his normal self. He obliviously was under control, yet I don't know if he still is. I thought it might be enough." Notch nodded. "You killed yourself to save him. That is a good thing to do, yet it killed you. But, since you jumped for a good reason, your sins were forgiven. The only thing that is really important so that we can decide if you go to hell or heaven, is your last action. If you die by someon else, for example in war and your the good person, you go to heaven."
That was a bit much too swallow, but I nodded. After a few moments of silence I asked quietly: "When am I able to return?"
Notch came a bit closer and put his hand on my shoulder. "You're able to return in a few moments, but he will have to apologise, which I think he would do anyway."
I tilted my head slightly and asked: "How am I supposed to live if I'm impaled on a spike?"
"Nightmare teleported down and brought your body back up. But now you have to return. We'll see each other again."
Everything went black and I fell into a dark abyss once more.

My body twitched, making me yelp in pain. That again made me choke on my own blood which was still in my throat. I coughed a few times and rolled over to the side to find a way to breath again.
After that was done I slowly opened my eyes, having a heavy taste of dried blood in my mouth. "Ew.", I mumbled under my breath and sat up slowly, only to get tackled by Nightmare.
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I should have fought against my demons but I let them take over! It's my fault that you had to jump and die! I'm so sorry! I-I-"
I softly put my hand on his mouth to show him to stay quiet. My head was slightly aching but it wasn't that bad. "Hey. It's alright. I already forgave you. Please don't do something dumb now because you feel guilty.", I said while I held his mouth shut. The wound on my chest was gone, only the dried blood showed off where it was before. Nightmare nodded and I removed my hand. The demon instantly hugged me tightly, causing me to gasp. "Nighty? I can't breath if you hug me that tight!", I huffed and instantly felt his grip loosen. "S-sorry. I'm just glad that you're alive."
I smiled gently and hugged him as well, putting my forehead on his. "I can't leave you alone like that, can I?", I whispered and stroke over his black hair tips. He closed his eyes and smiled. "I don't want to lose you again, Hero."
"I don't want to lose you either, Nighty."
He stayed on my lap for almost five minutes before he released me completely, helping me stand up.
I went upstairs to take a shower and wash the blood off. As I dried myself off and went outside in my bathing robe, I noticed that Nightmare had put some clothes on the bed for me. A soft smile snuck up on my lips and I took them. I burried my face in them and took a deep breath as I noticed that he just got them out of the dryer. They were still warm. I got dressed and looked at myself in the mirror: black jeans, a blue shirt with a creeper on the back and black socks. My appearance was definitely something else. Together with my still wet hair it made me look like a student from middle school.
I went into the bathroom once more and dried my hair, not even bothering to fix it with a comb. I just used my hand.
As I finally finished I went downstairs and silently went into the kitchen to see him stand there and make some food. With a mischievous grin I crept closer to him and poked him in the hips, making him yelp and turn around to me. "Damnit Hero! Is that payback for the times I did that with you?!"
I laughed and nodded. "Yep. It was."
He growled playfully and suddenly lifted me up. I shrieked and looked at him, now being on the same height as him. He sat me down on the counter and put his hands on my legs. "Now we can finally talk on one height, Hero~" He chuckled.
I crossed my arms and pouted. "Just because you're ONE head taller than I am.", I grumbled and raised my index finger. Nightmare grinned and poked my cheek gently. "You look like a little child when you're pouting~"
I gave him a grin. "Do you wanna start our little fight again? I bet I can win this time!" He only rolled his eyes. "Suuuuure, Hero. You'll get to win this time.", he said mockingly.
I hissed playfully and jumped at him, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his torso. He stood there completely calm, not even moving an inch. "I'm not an easy pushover, huh?", he chuckled and gripped my legs so I wouldn't fall. I put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, taking deep breaths.
Suddenly he shrugged softly, causing me to open my eyes almost instantly. "Hey, don't sleep on my shoulder. You're light, but not very easy to hold!", he laughed softly.
I grinned and kissed him on the cheek. "Maybe you shouldn't be a show-off then."
Nightmare showed me his tongue and sat me back down on the counter. I crossed my legs and leaned back while he continued making food.
Damn, this moment could stay forever.

__________________
1640 words