[twenty-five] 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓?

"nice to meet you max." anne smiled at her.

"nice to meet you two." the redhead smiled.

"so, do you live in avonlea?" anne asked her.

"oh no, me and my family just came to visit." she explianed. "also what's up the the letter?"

"check it out." anne said as she handed the blue-eyed girl the letter.

dear anne,

i know we've been on bad terms the last few months, but i could never feel about anyone the same way i feel about you.

you're smart, you have a great personality, you're more than i could dream of.

you don't understand how much you mean to me, and i know we're starting to be friends again, but it's hard, because i really, really like you.

please, at least think about it.

your dear lover-boy.

"damn, i wish the guy i liked cared about me so much." max laughed.

"i don't even know what to say." anne laughed.

"you should say yes." max told her. "i think he must like you a lot if he did all this for you."

"yeah..."

"only love makes you that crazy sweetheart." max told her.

"i don't know if i love him. god, i don't even know if he's my boyfriend." anne said, whipping a tear off.

"i think you better tell him that." max said. "i should go."

"we should exchange phone numbers." anne said before the girl left. max nodded.

"thanks. see you." max said after they exchanged phone numbers.

"bye." anne said but she was pretty sure max didn't hear it.

"you good?" a voice from behind her said.
she turned around.

"you really care, do you gilbert?" anne asked him and he nodded.

"cole, i'm confused." gilbert said.

"we all are." diana said. the teenagers were sitting on a bench in the park, while cole was doing god knows-what.

"just hold on." he said. "anndd..done." the blonde boy said.

"what are you doing?" charlie asked him.
after a while, cole was finally done.

"hello." a voice said from behind.

"guys, that's beverly." gilbert introduced the redhead.

"this is my friend max." beverly smiled, and everyone smiled back. everyone except for cole.

beverly's smile slowly faded the way at the sight of him.

"so, are you gonna tell us or not?" ruby asked.
cole nodded. they were all gathered around in a circle.

"cole, if she finds out, she'll kill us." diana said after cole told them the "plan".

"it's worth to try." gilbert said.

-

"gilbert, i can't believe you did this all by yourself." she smiled him, trying not to cry.

"well, it wasn't just me." the hazel-eyed boy said.

"what do you mean?" she raised her eyebrow.

"i mean, it was cole's idea and the gang also helped but that doesn't matter-"

"doesn't matter?" she interrupted him. "what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"that basically, you did nothing while everyone else helped you get with me, and you just sat there like an idiot." she bursted. "did you even write the letter yourself?"

"well, beverly and max helped a little-"

"wait, max knew about this? so it was all made up so you can get with me?" anne said. well, she was technically yelling now.

"anne please-"

"no!" she cut him off. "you see, this is why I didn't want to get with you. because if you cared, you wouldn't make stupid plans like we're in second grade! you'd just tell me you like me and that's it. god, you're such an- such an idiot, gilbert blythe!"

"anne, i needed help. that doesn't mean i don't care about you." he tried to calm down. "i needed time."

"time for what?!" she yelled. "why is your life is so hard mr. perfect?"

he didn't answe that. he truly didn't know.

"i'm done with your crap. i am so done!"

"don't ever talk to me again!" she screamed into his face, and with that, she left.

and that, that proves that not all relationships work, no matter how much they love each other.

because truly, if they would, they would've been together long time ago. and if you think...

and gilbert don't actually love each other.

yes. i finished this book. it's over. now please read the ending chapter.