Burning Snowflake

'' fire, that was all I see. warmth, that was all I can feel but..... '' 

she sees her hand covered in blood, she hears the screams around her and she can feel herself trying to smile while tears ran down her face. She looks up and brushes her messy white hair with her bloody hands. She entered the lab with a one-tracked mind, trying to get free but she knows she has to set them free too. 

she sees the glass capsule, her vision went blurry but she does know she pressed a button, letting the capsule open. And before she could fall to the floor someone caught her. She opens her eyes for a moment and saw a sad smile. 

'' But why do I remember feeling ..... cold? '' 

Her senses were going off, she succumbs to the comfort of the cold and hears the soft voice of a young man.

''it's alright, I promise we'll get out of here...

snowflake '' 

Luna wakes up and quickly sat up while gasping for air. This was the third time this month, it confused her but also intrigued her on why the dream would keep repeating itself. she knows she'll be revisiting her psychiatrist. But before that, it's a brand new day and she should start preparing for work.

 She stood up and then wrote the word 'ethereal' on one empty page on her journal. Which was stuffed with sketches, short stories, and poems. In the next blank page, she wrote what occurred in her dream. It has always been a habit to Luna to take notes, she would always bring notebooks with her in case she would be bored at any time. At first, it was because her friend told her to get a hobby, but now it's a weird habit for her to write things every so often, even if it wasn't necessary. She then resumed to her daily routine then went outside and walked to El's Bakery where she works. 

It was going to be Halloween and they should start preparing the treats. She didn't run in a hurry though, she walks very slowly, just putting on her earphones and listening calming music while admiring the cool air and the falling maple leaves. She doesn't care if she was going to be late, if she is to waste her energy on socializing, she might as well charged up and enjoy her time walking alone. She caught a glimpse of a husky passed by her with its owner, it had calming blue eyes and soft white hair. She only blinked for a second and the blurry figure from her dream came back. A fuzzy white and two bright blue pupils and a hand that seems to reach her. The image was only for a moment but the chilling feeling was still there. She tries to brush it off as she thought that it's just the cold air of the autumn wind

She finally arrived at the bakery, and Amara greeted her with a smile which she replied with a salute. She then put on the apron and started helping Amara put on the icing on the cookies designing them as other Halloween themes. Like spiders, pumpkins, etc. 

'' hey Moon, you look pretty tired. were you sleeping well?'' Amara tilted her head to Luna's directed, she called her by the nickname she gave Luna since Luna is Latin for moon. She started calling her that since the day they became friends which were when they both got hired in this bakery. Luna only nodded and smiled and continued her work. In which where Amara only sighed. 

'' BITCH WHY YOU KEEP ON LYING TO ME! " this startled the other employees but not to only shrug and smiled ''you might want to lower your voice or you might  get fired, Amy"

The others then resumed to their work then the news came on the TV

"breaking news: the murder spree is still going on. A man named Alistair Star died with 28 stab wounds. It is said the suspect has covered himself up in a hoodie after he emerges from the dark alley where Alistair was brutally murdered. Not just that, Regina Rose, has been reported missing. It is advisable to say that none should walk alone tonight. "