𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

Eddie Kaspbrak is in love with Richie Tozier. This much he was certain of.

It's been four months since Eddie left Jake, and over the span of time, Eddie's feelings had only grown stronger. It's evident that something has changed between the two of them. Not in the way they act, because they still tease and bicker and sit too close during movie nights, but something in the air. He can feel the way things have changed between them. It's strong, and constant, and Eddie can't ignore it. Not that he's complaining, anyway.

On a Wednesday night, he finds himself squished between Richie and Mike on their two person couch. His right leg is propped on Richie's thigh, and his head is on Mike's shoulder, and he's really fucking happy. They're watching Jurassic Park, but nobody is really paying attention. They all gave up after thirty minutes of Richie complaining about the animation and acting.

"Fuck, Richie," Eddie whines, punching Richie on the shoulder. He's smiling, though, and so is Richie, and he thinks Mike is, too. "The animation isn't going to be perfect. Do you even know how hard it is to animate shit?"

Richie raises his eyebrows. "What, and you do?"

"No, but that's not the point!"

"What's the point, then, Eds?"

"I think his point is for you to shut the fuck up," Mike says, and Eddie smiles at him.

Richie gasps. "That hurt, Homeschool."

"We aren't in high school anymore, Richie, that nickname doesn't even work anymore!"

"Whatever, Eddie Spaghetti."

"God, I fucking hate you."

He still climbs into bed with him later that night, though.

Eddie is aware of everywhere Richie is touching him. The leg thrown across his own, the hand settles firmly on his waist, the chest rising and falling where Eddie's head lay. The sofft breath fanning the top of his head. He's aware of all of it, and his skin is on fire, but he loves it. When he wakes up, Eddie laying on his back, and Richie's thrown half of his body on top of him. He loves it, though. He loves Richie.

God, it's so fucking exhilarating to be able to think that freely now. He could say it in his on repeat for hours and never get bored of it, just an endless string of I love Richie I love Richie I love Richie I love Richie and I think Richie loves me. He wants Richie, in every sense of the word, and there's nothing wrong with that anymore. There's no boyfriend between them, and the fact sits there, and they both look at it from opposite sides of a thin, thin wall that neither of them have the bravery to tear down.

Eddie thinks he might, though. Soon.

He gets word from Mike that Mike will be out of town for the weekend to go visit his cousins. Eddie sees his chance and he fucking takes it.

He gets a pep talk from Stan and Bill (who have taken him in like a child, but that's not important right now), buys a bouquet of flowers, and knocks twice on the door to Richie's apartment.

"Coming!" He hears the loud shout, and he winces. Fuck, Eddie doesn't have a solid plan - how is supposed to go about this? Just fucking wing it? Kiss him and say 'I hope you're okay with that, Rich, cause I've been wanting to do it for months now.' Eddie's not an expert at this sort of thing, but he doesn't really like the sound of that. So he stands in his own little bubble of panic while Richie's footsteps are heard throughout the apartment. As the door is swinging open, he says, "This better be the Eddie Spaghetti I ordered, because if it's not, I swear - oh."