The Boys (Chapter 1)

“Amelia, come on wake up! Or you’re going to be late for your first day!” you were rudely awakened by a violent shaking in your arms. You gave it your all to raise your eyelids and your eyes met with your sister’s. You are attending the same school as your older sister Alina. She got off your bed and told you to quickly get ready. You dragged your feet to your luxurious bathroom with a walk in closet. Since your family was rich, your house was a mansion donned with the most high end and modern furniture and technology. You tapped the virtual switch on the screen attached to the wall to switch on the lights.

You stared at your reflection in the mirror and lightly combed through your hair to tame while pieces of hair straying from their positions because of your slumber. You took a quick shower since you were running out of time. You thought “Since it’s the first day of school I should probably put more effort into dressing nicely.” You decided on a maroon spaghetti strapped singlet, a black high waist jeggings and a colourful flowy kimono. You took one last good look at yourself in the mirror, turned off the lights and left the bathroom. Grabbed your black leather backpack, long rectangular wallet and left your room.

You descended the spiral stair case from your room to the living room. Your mum sat on the sofa browsing through some magazines. You greeted her with a smile and she returned it. You rested your backpack beside the door gently, next to your sister’s and went into the kitchen

As you entered the kitchen, the smell of fried eggs and bacon wafted up your nostrils. You greeted your housekeeper politely and took your place next to your sister. You gave thanks for the food and started eating. 

Not long after you started eating, your sister said “Hey! You know Onew and Key? Onew has a dongsaeng he is really close to and Key has a brother, both of them are going to our school in the same year as you.  Both their brothers and one of their good friends are good looking; they were the talk of the school even before last year’s end of year exams started. Seems like they got in through auditions, like you. Keep an eye out for them their your type.” She gave me a wink and let out a hearty laugh.

Onew is my sister’s boyfriend, they started dating the year they started school at Forte. They were a really popular couple since both of them were talented and physically attractive. My sister had chestnut brown and wavy hair, they were curled and straight at the correct places. She had big round eyes and thin reddish lips, which she often liked to conceal with bright red lipstick. She was into the whole makeup thing, while I was not. I didn’t see a point, what’s the use if once I remove the makeup I don’t look good anymore.

 Onew was handsome and funny, but what gets the girls swooning over him was his angelic voice and silly personality onstage during the evaluation concerts. The evaluation concert was a mini concert that was totally organized, prepared and performed by student from Forte. They had a whole semester to prepare for the concert and on the day they performed for a live audience whom had bought tickets. It was something like a practical assessment on how good the students’ skills were, and how they had improved over the semester.

My sister’s group of friends consisted of Onew, Key and IU. IU and my sister were best of friends too, just like me and Val.

My sister had given me a pep talk the night before, so that I was ready for what was coming my way. After countless nights of lending a listening ear to my sister, to release her stress in school, I knew better that studying in Forte wasn’t easy. It was fun, but extremely stressful, from what I heard, those that continuously failed their examinations were kicked out. “Let’s just hope I have the determination to succeed since my aspiration is to be hired by an entertainment.” I remember saying to myself the night before.