S1 Trivia

E1
It is written by series creator Michael Schur and directed by Drew Goddard.

"The Giraffe" and "The Lady Bug" elements was originally an off screen joke.

"Chapter 1" attracted 8.04 Million Viewers.

The music that sounds in the background at the party is an aria from Mozart's The Magic Flute called Der Vogelfänger bin ich ja.

E4
First broadcast audience: 4.45 million

E5
Original broadcast audience: 4.97 million.

Some of the new froyo flavors are "Full Cell Phone Battery" and "Folded Laundry."

Jianyu has the second highest point total, while Eleanor Shellstrop is sixth in the neighborhood and Chidi is fifteenth.

Jessica Nakanoi is fifth, and Patricia Camarillo (who is probably the same person as Chef Patricia) is 14th.

The only person with a lower point total than Tahani is Glenn.

Eleanor is seen wearing a Michigan Law crewneck.

Tahani introduces her sister saying, "Take it away from me, Kamilah!" instead of the correct phrase, "Take it away!"

E6
Original broadcast audience: 4.23 million.

There are many references to the show Friends in this episode.

E7
Original broadcast audience: 3.79 million

E8
Original broadcast audience: 3.89 Million

Right after Jason was interviewed by Michael, you can see him in the back attempting to water his new cactus.

Kristen Bell and Adam Scott had previously worked together in Veronica Mars' season one episode "Mars vs. Mars", where Scott played Bell's character (Veronica) professor, and was the main plot of the episode.

E9
Original broadcast audience: 3.68 Million

E10
Original broadcast audience: 3.53 million

Tahani's favorite (or in her case, favourite) British sitcom, Deidre and Maragret, supposedly ran for 16 years on the BBC and "did nearly 30 episodes". This joke about "British brevity" isn't as much of an exaggeration as it might appear. Perhaps the epitome of this is The Vicar of Dibley, which despite being hugely popular (and judging by what we see of Deirdre and Margaret, just the sort of sitcom Tahani might enjoy), still produced only 20 episodes over a 13-year span.

E11
Original broadcast audience: 3.64 Million

E12
Original broadcast audience: 3.93 Million

E13
Original broadcast audience: 3.93 Million