The Road Trip - 1

Goth's POV:
My alarm clock practically leapt off my bedside table and roared in my ear. With a tired groan, I opened one ear and was shocked to see that it was 4:30... am. For a second I was about to go back to sleep, but then I saw Raven's room light switch flicker on and a tall shadow begin to dress.

Then it all came flooding back... today our family, and Palette of course, were going on a road trip to a camping field! Road trips were always a family tradition for us, and this time it is extra exciting because Palette's joining us.

Every year Reaper, Geno, Raven and me drive down to Cricket Camping-sight for a few days to get away from the bustling business of reality. It's always fun... roasting marshmallows, telling stories, fishing, exploring the forest, sleeping on a tent and dancing!

My mom Geno walked into my room and gently rose me from my comfortable bed. She told me that we would be leaving in about forty-five minutes, and that Palette had already arrived with Ink.

With that latter news, I jumped out of bed and padded to the front door in my fluffy bunny slippers. With a squeal of excitement, I opened the door and was delighted to see Pally with his mom Ink.

"GOTHY!!!" Palette smushed me into a hug which I returned with pleasure.

"Morning, Goth!" Ink gave me a quick cuddle too, as he was also very warm-hearted. "Sorry, Geno, I can't stay for long... Error has a bit of a flu and needs me at home. You guys have a wonderful time together!"

"Oh, is Error ok?" Geno said, a worried expression upon her face.

Error and Geno started out on a rough path with all of their dark history, but they've become good friends.

"He's alright just a cough, headache and congested nose. He'll be better in a few days." Ink replied.

"Hope he feels better soon. Have a good one!" Geno waved to Ink as he drove off in a yellow bubble car.

Raven stumbled to the door and asked his mom a question, towering over her at the same time. "Hey, where's dad?"

"Out hiring a van. There was a mix up with the rental dates and so he's just out looking for a new one. You know Reaper though, he'll bargain something any day." Geno sighed, rubbing her eye sockets. "Okay kiddos, get your bags and stuff. Palette, do you have everything or are there some things you need to borrow?"

"No worries, all good Ma'am." He replied with a charming smile.

At first Geno was hostile to Pally, but recently she had warmed to him and loved having him over.

"Perfect. Alright just be ready at the door and maybe get some-,"

*HONK *HONK*

"-cereal."

Reaper did a doughnut circle into our front yard, the tires of the massive van SCREECHing against the concrete road. "REAPER!" Geno screamed and inhaled after, "You are going to wake the neighbours... IT'S ONLY FIVE AM!"

"YOLO HONEY!" He cheered, cackling. "I'm DEATH- I can do whatever I want suckers!"

Raven and I facepalmed, and Palette blushed in embarrassment. Why did dad have to be so friggin cringey? Also, he would wake the neighbours, because our neighbours were-

"OH MY GOSH SHUT UP REAPER!" Nightmare yelled through the window. "KILLER, TURN UP THE ANIME MUSIC!"

The competitive octopus next door and his girlfriend Killer (who was obsessed with anime and was a w e e b) started dancing so hard you could hear their feet banging the floor.

'Renai Circulation' played at an ear-killing volume.

'Kotoba ni sureba kiechau kankei nara
Kotoba wo keseba ii ya tte
Omotteta? Osoreteta?'

"OH MY GOD!" Reaper roared. "TURN THAT POO OFF!"

"OKAY! YEP TURN IT UP ONE MORE VOLUME KILLER!" Nightmare responded.

Suddenly our other neighbours could hear the music (and see the disco lights). Thankfully, they were Blueberry and Dust, not a manic and a yandere.

"WHAT YOU GUYS LISTENING TO?!" Blue joined in through his window.

"GUYS IT IS SO EARLY SHUT UP." Dust rolled his eyes and groaned.

Before I knew it, the house across from us (Dream and Cross') had also joined in on the commotion. "HEY WHAT'S ALL THE RACKET?!" Dream shouted.

Geno hissed.

"WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE GOING ON A ROAD TRIP IN PEACE, BUT OUR IDIOT FATHER REAPER DECIDED TO START A PARADE IN WATERFALL ROAD." I huffed.

"OOOO ROAD TRIP!" Now Blueprint, Raven's best companion, said. "CAN WE ALL JOIN?!"

"I DON'T THINK-," Geno screeched.

With the option of Blueprint joining, Raven said: "YES! GREAT IDEA! COME ON EVERYONE! PACK, GET DRESSED AND MEET US AT OUR HOUSE IN HALF AN HOUR!"

Everyone cheered, even Nightmare.

Great! We've gone from a five-skeleton road trip to a practical nightmare with a whopping twelve passengers.

yAy

Palette's POV:

I held Goth's hand - no - I squeezed it, because I knew how shy and introverted he was about crowds. Also he was quite claustrophobic, and being in a small van that was packed with twelve people is not the best remedy for it.

So instead I led us into the small sitting room in the cabin and he rolled up in a ball, seating himself on the corner of the couch. I joined him and rubbed his back.

"Pally, I'm so sorry about this..." He sighed.

"Don't worry Gothy, we'll still have time together!" I reminded him. "It'll all be okay in the end."

"Oh I hope so..." The small boi said. "Hey, wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure! What do you have?"

"Hmm, either rom-com or adventure." He replied.

Because I knew Goth's preference, I said: "Haha, rom-com, for sure!"

"Yeee! I'll get the popcorn." He reached over to a massive packet.

We sat there for the next three hours, sharing the popcorn, snuggled up together, and enjoying life.

- - - - - - - - - - -

There you go! There's gonna be a part 2 and possibly 3 to this story, so sTaY tUnEd!
Hope you enjoyed guys!

Be good beans,
-CelerySticcc