Author's Note

In my AP Language and Composition class, I was introduced to the fascinating short story The Yellow Wallpaper. My class was given the assignment to write an ending to the story.

I was thrilled to finally use my originality and creativity to write a story for class, even if it was only an ending. After my intensive research and hours of brainstorming, I smiled in pride at my "ending" which turned out to be seven pages long— the assignment being two pages minimum— earning it the nickname "sequel".

Many others in the class complained about barely reaching two pages and, to my chagrin, soon mocked my "sequel" and explained how the teacher would be upset about the length of mine.

However, I was pleased to find that my teacher did not mind the length and thought I did well. I also managed to receive extra credit proving that my seven pages payed off. To this day, it has been one of my favorite assignments.

When others thought my paper was too long and the teacher would hate it, I became discouraged. But I went the extra mile, had fun, and wrote a convincing ending. So they can *ahem* bug off.

Excuse me for the rant, but don't let anyone crap on your work just because you did a great job.