The Kid In The Forest

N/A. Tom Ellis from "Lucifer" is Hades don't @me. Second. The song I've posted with some of the chapters is like the "Opener" for this book for lack of a better song. If you haven't noticed yet, I like to find songs that relate to my writing so I plan to link other songs that you go with that chapter. You don't need to listen to them but I think they fit well you know?

Sorry for this update taking forever, I've thought about how I wanted this to go and how I wanted to change some things with the how being the son Hades comes into play. I know what I want to do so here it is.

Ben's POV

I looked back at my home as it was engulfed in light, the castle's color slowly being washed away by the blinding light as the shadows of the forest seem to fade as the light grew stronger around us. We could see those, things wondering the city of Auradon.

"Ben, we have to go," Mal said, pulling my arm. I turned around and caught up with the rest of our group.

"It's creepily quiet," Jay said looking among the trees. "Those things must have already gotten out here huh?"

"You better hope not," Fairy Godmother said, "they appear to be made of light magic making my magic appears to be weaker against them." Fairy Godmother was filled with dread. The fear of these creatures' origins seems to haunt her. We continued through the forest, the light from the sky growing in intensity. All seemed to be calm until the sound of rustling trees shocked us to the core. 

"Behind me," Fairy Godmother instructed as she drew her wand. we waited for what horror to see what would emerge from the forest. I felt Mel and Carlos attached to my arms as I stood tall behind Fairy Godmother. The trees began to rustle as a pure white bear emerged from the forest.     "Oh in the name of the Gods" Fairy Godmother tightened her grip on her wand as she began to channel her magic. It wasn't long before she casted a fireball that made direct contact with the bear. The smoke cleared and saw the bear unscathed.

"It survived?" Jay gasped. The bear let out a thunderous roar forcing us to stumble and cover our ears. "And he's pissed," Jay responded

The bear fell to all fours and started to charge. 

"Shit, Run!" I screamed as I grabbed ahold of Carlos and Mel and ran back down the path. The bear followed close behind us as we kept running. 

"There's no use, it's getting closer," Carlos said. I turn around and saw the bear nearly on us before turning forward and saw a person in the middle of the path. 

"Run! Turn around!" I yelled at the mysterious figure that stood in the middle of the path. They held their ground, unyielding. I waved my arms trying to get their attention but they still didn't move. We kept getting closer to the figure as the bear followed close behind. As soon as we got close enough to see their H/C they made their first move running towards us. We quickly met half-way to see a reflection of a blade by their hip. We made brief eye contact as we passed by each other. His features became clear, his H/C stuck to his forehead from sweat, his E/C reflected the heavenly light but appeared to be one fire with a black flame. He quickly passed us and his target was made clear, the bear. The sound of the metallic blade rang throughout the forest as it made a connection with its target. Mel, Carlos, and I stopped in our tracks as we turned around. We the figure standing above the bear that lied motionless on the ground. He sheathed his sword as he looked down upon on the bear as it appeared to vaporize into dust of light. 

"How did you do that?" I said.

"With this blade, you just saw me use," he remarked.

"But Godmother's magic had no effect, why does your blade takedown that creature with a single slice?"

"Story for another time perhaps, but let's get you someplace safe, your majesty."

"You can just call me Ben," I crossed my arms as I glared at the boy, "What can we call you?" 

"F/N"

"Well F/n, We are trying to reach the Isle of the Lost. Can you help us?" Mel said. 

"As you wish," Was his only answer and began to walk the way we were heading. We followed closely behind F/n. His strength seemed calm everyone in the group. He seemed to be a natural at navigating the forest and its creatures. I was lost in a trance, I couldn't take my eyes off him. There was something about F/N that just pulled my attention, confused me so much that I didn't notice that he stopped walking till I ran into the back of him.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't see that you sto-" I was meant with F/N's hand covering my mouth and holding his finger to his telling me to be quite. He motioned with his head behind him. I followed with my eyes and saw a being that glowed like the bear. It was a few hundred feet away but it looked huge, it resembled an angel that adorn church walls. its wings flapped as it slowly crossed the path and wandered back into the forest.

"It isn't safe to be out in the open like this," F/N whispered, "get into the tree line. it will make it harder to walk but at least we will have some cover when we don't get to see the next one coming." We followed F/N into the woods, staying low and close to F/N. It was a slow process but we soon heard the waves of the sea that surrounded the isles. We followed close to F/N as we started to walk faster towards the sound but as we soon began to increase our pace something rushed past F/N. 

F/N was fast to react and turned around and pushed me down to the ground. He landed directly on me as we covered our mouths. We could hear the bushes rustle near us as the creature seem to notice and tried to locate the source. F/N and I's face where nose to nose as we held our breath, praying that we didn't get seen. We heard the creature sigh and began to slowly walk back its original path. 

Wait. F/N mouthed. Soon after another creature raced passed. He signed and got up and offered me a hand. I took it and he lifted me up like I was nothing. 

"That was too close. We need to get to the beach now," Fairy Godmother said. F/N nodded in agreement and we kept moving till we were out of the forest and could see the Isles of The Lost surrounded by a purple field. 

"No!" Carlos yelled as we ran towards the faded bridge, "The magic is too weak for us to cross."

"The over-abundance of light magic is weakening all light magic. We have to use black magic." F/N stated as he glanced at Fairy Godmother. "You know any black magic?" 

Fairy Godmother scoffed as F/N smirked knowingly.

"Of course I don't," she huffed.

"Thought so." 

F/N walked up to the bridge and lifted his hands while he closed his eyes to focus. He opened his eyes and had the same burning effect of black flames for when he charged the bear. A stream of purple light formed a bridge before him. He stepped aside faced me before bowing.

"After you, your majesty."

I gave him an annoyed glare while he returned a sly grin. 

Whoever this kid is, we are going to need him if we want any chance at beating whatever this is.  

NA: yeah so I know I changed this from the original preview but I didn't know how to build off it so I decided to just rewrite it. I'm sorry if you liked the original more but I feel better writing this one. Let me know what you think so I know what is working and what should be considered changed.