Lawn of the dead

When Benny wants to impress a girl at school, he does what any boy with a spellbook would do; He resurrects her dead dog, Puffles, against Y/n's warnings. 

Warnings: There may be a few swear words in there, somewhere. Benny being the dork he is. Cringey writing. 

Word count: 5335 

Key-

"----------------" means time skip

"~~~~~~" means Start/End of the story. 

"[  ]" means a change of the Point of View.

~~~~~~

"Think about it dude!" Was all you needed to hear to know your best friends, Ethan and Benny, were around the corner, talking about something. You continued getting books out of your locker when you heard Benny's voice again, only this time he was right beside you with Ethan, causing you to almost jump, "Anything we want! Cash, cars, candy. Hey Y/n"

"Hi" You replied, turning to smile at the two dorks before turning back to your locker. "What are you two talking about?"

"Apparently Benny can only use magic spells for stuff that starts with C. Are you the same thing?" Ethan gave you an amused look. You and Benny were both Casters, except you had more experience. 

You had had a crush on Benny for a long time, and that meant watching him flirt with other girls right in front of your face, and it really hurt. 

"Of course not" You scoffed, before shutting your locker, adjusting the books in your arms and turning your entire attention to the boys. 

"Come on you two! Once we were lonely, high school noobs, and now we're vampire killing, spell-casting rock stars! The world is our oyster" Benny said. 

"Have you ever actually had oysters?" You asked, and Benny gave you a what-do-you-mean look, while Ethan continued for you. 

"Yeah, they're not something you want to swallow- more like something you'd cough up." He made a disgusted face and you laughed. You all started walking down the hall again, when Benny stopped you both. 

"Yeah, nice. Nice image to start the day. But there's the image I need!" 

You were confused at his words to say the least, until you followed his stare to Della. Your happy mood dropped to a jealous and sad one. "I know your a see-er and all, but I can see her with me" You rolled your eyes at his comment.

"Keep the magic on the down-low, remember? Life just got back to normal" Ethan warned. 

"Would you relax? I got this" Benny made a bouquet of flowers appear with his magic and started to walk away. 

"I'm tempted to curse those flowers" You muttered and Ethan gave you a sad look.

"I'm really sorry, y/n. I know there are feelings there. He's being stupid. But please keep the magic on the down-low, please"

"Of course" You sighed before Sarah walked up to the two of you. "Can I talk to you?" She asked in a hurry.

"Hey, how goes it? What's new?" You almost laughed at the boy's awkwardness. 
"Can I borrow 20 dollars, friends? It's for a good cause" She asked. 

"20 dollars? Like now?" Ethan stuttered. 

"Sorry Sarah, I left my wallet at home" You replied apologetically. 

"Aw, it's ok-" She was cut off by crying in the background. Della had the flowers in her hands and was crying (Much to your surprise) and Benny was looking around awkwardly. He looked your way and started walking towards the three of you, with a smile on his face.