chapter three

i woke up on the couch with piper in my arms. i slowly detached myself from her and started to put on my pajama shorts and shirt. i walked to the kitchen and made a quick breakfast. slowly as time went by piper soon began to wake up.

"what smells so good?" asked piper as she sniffed the air.

"i made breakfast." i simply said.

"yummy"

piper wrapped herself around the blanket and walked towards me. i handed her a plate. she sat down on a barstool and ate on the counter as i stood up and ate right across from her.

"this is so good." piper groaned. i licked my lips looking at her.

we ended up finishing our food and piper offered to help clean the dishes but i denied.

we went to sit on the couch as piper went to pick out a movie for us to watch. this is about how a little boy ends up getting possessed by a person he sees in his nightmares and ends up killing his whole family.

piper jumped at every jump scare.

"i don't know why you pick a scary movie if you knew you were going to get scared."

"i wanted to seem brave." she said shaking underneath me.

i wrapped my arm around her and held her close as she cried out in terror when the boy started killing the baby sister.

"i can turn it off if you want."

"no!" she huffed and i genuinely thought that was adorable.

piper and i watched the movie until the credits showed. she shot up from where she was seated and ran to the bathroom. i heard her throw up a bit considering it was a very graphic movie. i guess she doesn't do too good with guts and shit.

piper walked back as all the color from her pretty little face looked drained out from her. "i would ask how could you sit through all of that without horror or disgust but then i remembered you kill people for fun."

i swallowed thickly as a light shade of pink went across my cheeks. of course it sounds bad when she says it out loud.

"sorry i didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." she whispered.

"don't worry about it."

piper yawned quietly. "i have questions."

"if it's anything about what i do for 'fun' or my profession. i don't want to talk about it." i said. i'm not even ready to talk about it.

"i was going to ask if i could have some clothes." she simply stated.

i chuckled. "really? i kinda like a girl naked in my studio."

piper rolled her eyes but smiled. then there was a knock on my door. "food services!" a voice shouted.

"you ordered food?" piper questioned.

"no, it's my friend nicky. she comes to my house with food randomly. hence why i didn't know she'll be here." i got up and ran towards piper as i dragged her into my room. i threw my pajamas at her and closed the door behind me leaving her in there.

"come on, vause. i know you're awake!"

"i'm comin', i'm comin'!" i yelled as i opened the door.

"and that's what she said." nicky smirked with food from culver's in her hand.

"i was hoping we could stay in and binge watch friends together."

"can i take a rain check?" i begged.

"you never take a rain check." nicky raised an eyebrow. "who do you have in here?"

nicky pushed me aside as she ran to my room i tried to drag her back but it was to late. she opened the door and found piper on my bed thankfully fully dressed.

well not fully. because when she sat up in fear she wasn't wearing a bra and the thin fabric showed her fully erected nipples.

nicky looked at her with raised eyebrows. "the girl from last night? you never sleep with your one night stands. they end up never coming back."

i looked at piper as she tilted her head to the side. "you could say that she gave me mercy... from having to face the despair of doing the walk of shame." she said completing her sentence. i glared at her.

"interesting. vause, here never does seconds. you must be special. the names nichols but you can call me nicky." she said offering a hand out while grinning.

"piper chapman." they shook hands and smiled at each other.

i rolled my eyes. "you can leave now, nicky."

nicky sighed. "i'll leave the food here for the two of you to eat. seems like that now vause fancy's someone, she doesn't know who her real friends are."

"yeah yeah." i said.

"you treat my lady here right! if you don't i'm going to have to kill you!" nicky joked as she was being dragged out by me.

"i think she already has that part covered." piper laughed. i clenched my jaw as i said my goodbyes, sorry's and how we could reschedule to nicky and shut the door.

i walked to my room. "really!?"

"what?"

"'she gave me mercy' and 'she already have that part covered'!? really!?" i yelled. "she doesn't fucking know what i do, and here you go!"

"baby, i'm sorry. i knew she wasn't going to catch on i knew i wasn't being too obvious." she said.

"sooner or later she'll put two and two together!" i cried out. "if you can't keep chill about all this shit then you're going to have to pretend like you never fucking met me!"

piper eyes began to tear up. "i'm sorry." she sobbed.

"why are you crying." i groaned.

"i didn't mean for you to get mad, i just. i don't know! i'm sorry! i don't want to forget you, i'll be chill!" she pleaded. my heart softened as i walked closer to her and hugged her. she hugged me back tightly.

"it's okay.. shh."

i don't want to forget about her either. but if there's ever a time to where she ends up close to almost snitching on me again... i'll have to.