Relaxing

Rain sighed as she fell onto Ashley's couch. "I love your house, holy shit it's so comfy," Rain muttered against a pillow. Ashley laughed as she walked out of the guest bedroom. "Is your house not comfy?" she asked.

Rain rolled over and sighed. "It is, but Sam is obsessed with aesthetics and style over comfiness. It's comfy, especially for her considering she had the house before I came along but your house is like comfy."

Ashley smiled and sat on a chair next to Rain. "Well, make yourself at home. You'll always have a comfy home here." Rain smiled, "Thanks, you're the best!" Ashley shook her head, "no, you're the best."

Rain rolled her eyes, "I'm not going to argue with the most amazing person in the world," she said happily. Ashley groaned, "you're too much honestly," Rain nodded. "I know, Sam tells me all the time," Ashley smiled, "I'm so glad you're here, I missed you," she said out of the blue.

Rain nodded, "I'm glad I'm here too, Sam was actually the one to tell me to come and hang out with you. I think she was tired of me complaining about missing you though," they both laughed at what Rain had said. "So, do you wanna get unpacked and then maybe go to the beach?"

Rain sat up and smiled. "That sounds amazing Ash-" Ashley smiled at the nickname. "I'll go unpack really quickly and find my bathing suit," Rain the stood up from the couch. "I'll make us some chicken salad sandwiches," Ashley said happily before making her way to the kitchen.

As she walked down the hallway to the guest bedroom Rain smiled at the photographs on the wall. There were pictures of her and Ash from when they were little- before first grade. All the way up to last year when they photoshopped themselves onto a background.

It was amazing to look back and think of the memories. It made Rain happy that Ashley looked at these pictures every time she went to her bedroom. Knowing that Ashley took the time to hang the photos and remember Rain made her feel special and loved. Rain chuckled at a specific picture of her falling on top of Ash before she walked into the guest bedroom.

It didn't take long to unpack since Rain didn't bring much. She had only planned on being there for a little while, not long enough to bring a bunch of makeup or shoes. She chuckled thinking about how those would be Ashley's top priorities when going somewhere. Rain sang her favorite song, Let's Face It I'm Cute by Jack Antonoff, while unpacking.

Rain had sung it to Sam too many times to count but she would change it to her calling Sam cute. Because no matter what Sam said or did, it was adorable. Rain knew she was adorable, but Sam just denied being cute at all. "Oh Sam, you would have so much fun here," Rain said while thinking about Sam being there with her and then swimming together.

Sam had never liked the water, but for some reason, she always had a fascination with beaches. Rain sighed and smiled thinking of Sam, she couldn't help it she was crazy in love with her. "Rain I'm almost done!" Ashley called from the kitchen. Rain looked to the door and nodded even though Ashley couldn't see her.

Rain grabbed her purple bathing suit and ran to the bathroom to get changed. After tugging off her clothes and pulling on the bathing suit Rain smiled at herself in the mirror. "I look amazing," she muttered while turning around and twisting slightly. Rain's bathing suit had a small skirt on the bottom so that when she twirled it would lift up and look really pretty.

"Rain! Come on! I'm leaving without you!" Ashley called happily. Rain took one last look in the mirror before running out of the room and to the living room. Ashley stood in the room while wearing a sexy black bikini which showed off a lot of her beautifully tanned skin. She was pulling on a bathing suit cover-up when Rain walked in.

"Hey, how's the weather up there?" Rain asked as she looked up at Ashley. "It's lovely, how's the weather down there shorty?" Ashley asked with a smile as she turned around and looked at Rain. "Hey! I'm not short. You're just tall hmph." Rain crossed her arms and pouted.

Ashley chuckled and ruffled Rain's hair. "You are short dear, but let's get your short ass to the beach," Rain smiled and grabbed the bag from the couch that held sunscreen and everything else Ashley has packed. "Let's go!" She cheered before marching toward the back door.

It was a quick walk to the beach and after Ashley and Rain put on their shoes and started walking it only took five minutes to get there. On the way, Rain got mesmerized by the tiny crabs walking on the sand. "They're so cute!" she exclaimed as she ran to catch up with Ashley. She just nodded to Rain with a smile.

"You think everything is cute," she said eventually. But Rain wasn't listening, she was too caught up with some pink seashells. Ashley smiled again as she continued walking along the beach. "Come on, we're almost to the spot!" she called to Rain before rushing away.

Rain smiled while rushing after Ashley. When she and Ashley were younger they had shoved a large flag into the ground and declared it their spot. Every time the flag was stolen or just plain gone, they would always replace it.

When they both arrived at "the spot" they fell onto the soft sand stared into the sky that they had grown all too familiar with. "The sky is so beautiful..." Rain murmured. Ashley nodded before she stood up and dusted herself off.

"Yeah, but the sky can wait. I'll race you to the water!" She then took off while throwing a glance over her shoulders. Rain scrambled to her feet and dashed after Ashley, but she was too late. By the time she had gotten in the water, Ashley had already thrown herself into the salty ocean.

Rain always had a good time hanging out with Ashley no matter what they were doing. Splashing water in each other's faces, laying on the couch and stuffing their faces with cookies, or crying on each other's shoulder's when they had a bad day.

Rain smiled as she thought of all the memories she and Ashley had made. And she couldn't wait for all the future memories and days they would make and spend together. 

"Hey Rain," Ashley said as she wrapped her arm around Rain's shoulder. "Hmm?" Rain hummed. "There's a party tomorrow, wanna go?" Rain rolled her eyes, she had always hated parties. But, if Ashley was gonna be there, why not? "Sure," she said before pushing Ashley off of her and into the water. They both laughed and Ashley pulled Rain down with her. 

-Hello everyone! I don't know how many people will read this, but I know it's not going to be many. I really appreciate the ones who do though! If you want, you can always comment a question or statement and I'll try and respond! I love you all sooo much, have an amazing rest of your day/night!-