Three // Flashbacks

*Joy's POV*

We studied in the library all of lunch. He made sure that I memorised all of our key terms for Marine Biology, even though I told him I knew them already. He even gave me some of his sushi rolls he made for his lunch. He's an amazing cook, but I'm not telling him that. His ego is big enough as it is. 

{Text me after school, okay?} He signs to me.

I nod, and he walks out of the library. 

I stay, because now I help the school librarian during this period. 

"Come along, deary," Mrs Laurens calls to me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School finally gets out after what seems like forever. I head out of the big doors and start walking home. I pass by the same things everyday. Tree that looks like a 'Y', a playground, and a Seven Eleven. I turn the corner and walk all the way down the road to the last house. My house. With a swift turn of my keys, the door opens. Carefully, I put my backpack on the couch and head over to the kitchen. 

I grab an orange and head back to the table. It's revison time. 

I'm only studying for about thirty minutes until he appears. Cole Wittman.

One second, I'm fine, the next, I can't stop crying. I'm sobbing uncontrollably. I can't get it out of my head.

*********

Week One. He was only weary. Week two. He couldn't go to school anymore. Week Three. He got a little better. Week four. He got so bad to the point where they said he was terminal. Week five. He gave me a goodbye present.

Week Six. 

"It's gonna be okay, Joy,"  He brushed away a tear from my face.

"No, don't leave me! I can't live without you!" Our fingers were intertwined. I wasn't letting him go.

"It's over for me. But you have to go on." 

"But I can't!"

"Listen to me, my little bundle of joy. I will always love you, okay? Don't ever believe I don't."

The doctors were waiting. He had to go, but I didn't want to say goodbye. But I had to.

"Okay," I say in between sobs. It was time.

"I'll see you on the other side." I kiss his cheek, and pull away from him.

They slowly take him away. 

"I'll be waiting for you, my bundle of joy." Those were his last words to me.

I never saw my brother again.

(a/n: Even though I'm the author, I was still kinda crying while writing this chapter. Cole in Media.)