Morning Routine

Marci's POV

My alarm yelled in my ear for the fifth time this morning, and I so badly wanted to throw it out of the window.
I slammed my fist down on the snooze button, and turned over on my lefts side, just wanting to get a few more minutes of sleep.
When I was finally about to doze off to sleep, my bedroom door swung open, and a cheerful little voice chanted. "Wake up! Wake up! Marci! Wake up!" I groaned as Penny jumped onto me while I lay in bed, and shook my shoulder.
"C'mon Marci! Wakey wakey!" She poked my face, and continued to until a swatted her hand away. "Fine! I'll tell Grace!" She jumped off of me, and ran out of my room. Finally... Sweet sleep-
"MARCI BROOKE!" Grace yelled from my doorway.
I groaned and rolled over, opening my eyes and looking at her. "I just wanna sleep." I whined. "You know damn well we have school. Its Monday for fucks sake!" She yelled, throwing her hands in the air. I looked at her for a few seconds, before speaking up. "Exactly." I then rolled over, my back to her, and closing my eyes.
I felt a sting on my arm, and sat up quickly, rubbing my arm. I glared at Grace who had just hit me. "The hell was that for!" I snapped. "Because you won't get your lazy ass outta bed! Now don't make me get Jane, cause you know how she is in the morning." Grace threatened, before stomping out of my room.
I groaned, dragging myself out of bed, and walking up to my closet. I swung open the door, peering in. I grabbed a baggy long sleeve shirt, and jeans, along with a bra, and walked out of my room into the bathroom across the hall.
I changed quickly, and put my pajamas into the dirty hamper, and brushed my teeth, before walking down the stairs.

In the small living room, Penny sat on the couch, Hailey was braiding her hair, while Penny watched the news. Our friend group was more like a family, and everyone played a role.
"Hey Hailey. How was last night?" I asked. She looked up, smiling. "Good. That guy was ugly though. Good thing we took him out quickly." She answered. I nodded. "Did he have any cash?" I asked. Hailey shrugged, her fancy jacket falling off her shoulder a bit.
"I would say ask Grace, but she seems to be in a angry mood."
"Oh yea that would make sense because I decided to be a bitch and not wake up." I answered.
Hailey held back a laugh, and went back to braiding Penny's hair.
I walked into the kitchen, seeing Jane making some scrambled eggs. They were probably for Penny.
"Sup Jay." I did a two finger salute as I walked behind her, and grabbed a glass out of the cupboard, and filled it up with ice and water.
"Good morning Marci. I heard the commotion that happened earlier. You really should try to go to sleep around ten, instead of three in the morning." Jane spoke, a almost scolding tone in her voice. I rolled my eyes.
"Sorry I have insomnia." I answered.
"Well you know we have pills for that. They're behind the mirror in the bathroom." Jane responded.
I sat down at the table, taking a sip of my water. I glanced around, but noticed Grace was no where to be found.
"Yo, Jay, do you know where Grace is?" I asked, looking up at her. "Probably out side." She answered. "K, thanks." I answered, picking up my glass, and proceeding to the door of our apartment. I stepped outside, and looked to the left, and just saw other apartment doors. I looked to the right and saw Grace at the very end, leaning on the railing, looking out into the parking lot.
I closed the door behind me and walked up to her, and stood beside her. I took a sip of my water, and looked up at the sky.
"Nice weather we have here." I spoke. I heard Grace snicker beside me. "See i know you couldn't stay mad at me for long." I looked over at the brunette, who looked down at me shortly after.
"Well... I mean its the tone of voice you say things in. Its ironic." She answered, before looking ahead again. "Ya mean like this?" I spoke in my normal monotone voice, causing her to chuckle. "But its my normal voice your moron." I spoke, before taking a sip of my water.
I looked down at the floating ice cubes, watching them float around. Some were large, while other were smaller, probably because they were melting. I felt Grace grab a piece of my hair, holding it between her fingers.
"What... Are you doing?" I asked.
She was silent for a few moments, before answering.
"Ya know... We're all living two lives... One around others... And then our other risky ass one." She went silent for a moment, looking at my hair, before dropping it, and looking up at me.
"Its shocking how we all came from different families... And now its like those families never existed..."
I raised a brow, confused by what she was saying. "And what are you trying to get to?" I asked. She shrugged. "Just thoughts." She then walked past me and back inside of the apartment.
I looked down at my glass of water, and took a sip, before looking up, and at the rising sun, that glittered across the horizon. I sighed, and hung my head down. We really are living a messed up life aren't we...

Words: 952