Our Initials Carved in my Heart

Disclaimer: this work is just for fun and pure fiction. The characters do not belong to me but to Stephen King and to Andy Muschetti's movie version. I wrote this just for entertaining purposes only.

Author's note: On September 5th, I went to see It: Chapter 2 premiere, and as much as I LOVED the movie, the ending broke my heart. It's funny because when I saw Chapter 1, I didn't realize there was a thing going on between Richie and Eddie, but the moment in which Richie didn't want to let Eddie go, I just realized he was in love with him, and then Richie's final scene in the bridge just got me. I cried and thought it was so unfair that they didn't have their happy ending, so as soon as I got out of the cinema, I decided to write it instead. This is what came out.

Thanks to the lovely, amazing, Becks on twitter who did an ace job proofreading and editing this fic for me. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
This fic is dedicated to my Legal Losers Club groupchat on twitter. I'm thankful I got to know them and I think It for bringing us together.

NOTE: I do NOT authorise for ANYBODY to repost my story, no matter if they give me the credits or not. I found out that an user (BitchinRainbow) reposted it on their profile and the fic got much more views and comments that my original own. So just do NOT repost it.

Our Initials Carved in my Heart

The first thing that comes to Richie's mind as soon as they kill Pennywise is Eddie. It's literally the first thought he has. So when he rushes to tell him that they finally won, finally defeated that evil, he doesn't expect the sight he sees.

"Eddie, hey! We got him! We got Pennywise, man!"

Eddie stays quiet.

"Eddie?" Richie asks, holding his face. But Eddie doesn't answer. His eyes are wide open, but he is not responding.

They can hear the sound of the place starting crumble into pieces.

"Richie..." Richie hears Beverly say somewhere behind him.

"He's gone," Billy adds. Richie refuses to believe it; Eddie can't be dead, he just can't.

"It's alright. We gotta get him out of here. He's just hurt," Richie replies, because this can't be true. Eddie's just unconscious and once they get out of here he will be okay. "He's just hurt, Ben. Bill, he's okay. We just gotta get him out of here."

He turns his head to Beverly, seeking for someone, just someone, to back up his idea.

"Bev."

"Richie..." Beverly says, sadness in her voice and eyes..

"What?" Richie replies, impatiently.

"H-hun, he's dead" she sobs. "We have to go. C'mon. C'mon, Richie"

"We gotta go, c'mon!" Bill shouts.

"C'mon, buddy!" He can hear Ben saying.

Richie holds on to Eddie's body, clinging to him like his life depended on it.

"Richie, c'mon, let go!"

"No, no! We can't leave him here, we can't!" Richies cries out loud.

"Richie..." Ben tries to say before he is interrupted by Richie's frantic pleas.

"No, I won't leave him here!" Richie repeats as he clutches Eddie's body tighter, refusing to let him go.

"Richie, the whole place is falling down, we need to leave right now." Mike shouts.