chapter 3~ the office

Ellie's pov
"Nick, that's Ziva David," I said. I run out of the room. This case is going to get messy. I just don't have a good feeling about this. I hear Nick calling my name and running after me. I really don't want this right now. He finally catches up with me. I turn around. "What do you need Nick." "Ellie, rule 10." "don't rule 10 me, Nick. I know what I'm doing. If Ziva was here she would be working night and day to find Lily's mother. So I'm going to honor that. You can either come with me or not. It's your choice." "Ziva David is dead El. She's not coming back. I don't want you to risk your job for someone that isn't alive. You at least have to tell Gibbs." "Fine, but right now we are going to talk to that guy in the picture." I can't believe I'm not telling Gibbs, but if I told him he would just kick me off the case. I will wait until I need to. It was a silent drive over. We arrive and we find out that he was Lily's father and that Ziva had cleared him. We later find out Ziva had an office other than NCIS. I drive over to the office by myself after dropping Nick off at the office. I walk in to see plants a bed and a big cabinet. I decided to check under the mattress. It wasn't a big surprise when I found multiple knives and a gun. I walked over to the cabinet with curiosity. When I opened the cabinet I saw a bunch of journals some were written in Hebrew others were in English.
Nicks pov
I don't know what's got into Ellie. She has never acted like this before. I'm worried about her. While I zone off at my desk I hear something behind me. When I turn around I see Mcgee standing there and he says "What's on your mind, Nick? You've been sitting there staring into your screen for a while." "I'm fine, Mcgee. I just didn't sleep well last night that's all." Mcgee smirks. "Why are you lookin at me like that?" "oh nothing, Nick don't worry." Mcgee says and walks back to his own desk.

author comments
-Hi everyone! I know it's been forever since I've posted so I thought I would update! I hope everyone likes this update. Any guesses on what's going to happen next?