First day jitters

Shinsou POV

"Hey, dad! Where did papa put my backpack?" I called up the stairs. It was the night before my first day in the hero course so I was freaking the fuck out.

"I think he put it in your room!" My dad shouted down the stairs.

"Can you check for me?" I called up.

"Kinda busy with your sister! Check it yourself!"

Sighing, I walked up the stairs and saw Eri braiding our dad's messy hair.

"She insisted on doing my hair and refuses to let me leave." He smiled up at me.

"It's fine. I'll just check on my own." I said, walking into my room and looking around. Hesitantly I flipped on the light and looked around again. There it sat against my closet door, it's many keychains and buttons shining lightly. "Goddammit." I mumbled to myself.

I'd put the pins and such on it the year prior because I didn't have anywhere else to put them, but now looking at it, it just made me look like some sort of psychotic otaku.

Huh. Not too far off. I thought to myself.

I grabbed the bag and dragged it downstairs. Looking through it, I found some old notes and gum wrappers, but just threw them away. After gathering together all of the things I'd need for my classes, I stuffed it all into my backpack.

Doesn't look so bad now that it's actually got stuff in it. It's kinda cute. I shrugged as I tossed it over onto the ottoman.

I flicked off the lamp on the side table and pulled out my phone. I scrolled through tumblr for about an hour before eventually putting it away so that I could fall asleep.

-The next day-

I woke up to my phone screaming at me. I haven't changed my alarm noise since I pretty much got the phone in middle school. I should probably change it seeing as I'm a second year in high school now, but I'm lazy and just let Pikachu yell.

Pika! Pika! Shut the fuck up. I laugh at the thought.

I turned off my alarm and sat up. I got myself a cup of coffee as Eri rushed down the stairs and slammed a freezer-burnt waffle into the toaster.

"Mornin', bro-bro." She smiled peppily.

It's too early for this shit. I smiled, "Mornin'."

"Dad said he'd take us to school today, so we'll be there a little early. Oh! And you need to feed the cat." She bounced around like a ball of energy.

She's so much happier than when she first moved in. I smiled to myself.

"Yeah, I know. I feed her every morning, pep."

"Just a reminder." Her waffle popped up and she scarfed it down before running back upstairs to do god only knows what. I mean, for Christ's sakes, we still had a good half hour before we'd leave.

I finished my coffee and placed my mug in the sink. Slowly I headed upstairs. Walking into my room I grabbed my uniform and walked into the bathroom. I fed Lunar, then changed and did my best to tame my hair.

"Hitoshi! We're leaving in 5 minutes! Be ready!" Papa called up the stairs.

"Be down in a second!" I yelled back. Quickly I planted a kiss on Lunar's head before rushing downstairs and grabbing my bag, phone, and keys.

"Let's go!" Dad called out from the front door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I laughed a bit as I hopped in the backseat and buckled myself up.