Introduction

"I will scar your lips, bruise your knees, and love you too hard. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible. And when I leave, you will finally understand, why storms are named after people."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you ever face that peculiar time when life before your eyes is profoundly swallowed into the darkness? A place where your heart goes on edge, doubling it's beats and smashing so hard in your chest that it is impairing your hearing? Where you can't register the things around you, no matter how long your blanking eyes stare at them? Where all you can think about is the sorrow that swells in the blackness around you?
I could feel my knees weaken as my supple eyelids rise. I am standing before a deep brown cabinet with the familiar engravings of struggle running down its face. I peel my drooped arm from my side and run a single finger down each of the markings. I can feel the strict sharp edges of the chipped indents as I imagine digging the long nails of my widespread hand into the polished wood, and coarsely pulling them down towards the hardwood floor, masked by a worn down carpet. My eyes catch the hint of red stained below.
I cringe at the melodious memories that come flooding in: pain, intolerance, defence and malice. The temporary expressions cause a fault in my lungs, throwing a fit of tight pain through my chest. I grab more towards my heart and collapse to the floor with a shuddering thud.
It isn't long until I feel a calm breath lightly elevating, then declining, on the crook of my neck. Followed with a feather-like touch across my lower cheek, I let my eyes grace my view until they lock on a shadowed face.
"I-" the words escape me following the attempt at an unsuccessful full breath.
"Shh...pain demands to be felt in many difficult ways." His voice was like a tingling wind chime dancing in the soft, yet chilled, breeze. "Collect your happiness and close your eyes and imagine exactly what I told you to." I could tell easily that Evan was struggling to remain calm.
I felt my folding body tense as I lost sight of all the shades of the room, it's features falling to a piercing black. My body seemed weightless for a time and I started to think how this felt similar to death. "Lilac?" His voice retried, softer at first. "Answer me!" Repeating my name fearlessly and freightfully, Evan shook my limp corpse.
No matter how much I screamed, he couldn't hear me.
"Please..." Evan folded, his cry filling the air. The innocent smell of sweet blood crawled through the room.
"Evan, I...I love you."
He couldn't hear me.