seven

When I arrived at school, the place was swarming with people. A woman with dark hair and a blue suit came up to me with a microphone.

"What's it like having All Might as a teacher at your school? What's he like in person?" she bombarded me with questions.
"I-I'm sorry, I don't really feel like ta—" I started.

"Wow! Please, go on!" she smiled.
"I just said—" I started again, but she zipped off to someone else.
"Hey, are you in All Might's class? Wait, you're the sludge kid!" the woman said. I made eye contact with Bakugou for a second before turning on my heel and squeezing through the crowd.

I remembered the sludge incident very clearly. Two years ago, before I'd moved back to Musutafu, it had been on the news - a D-Rank villain with some kind of slime quirk had been caught robbing a bank on broad daylight by All Might but somehow escaped through the sewers, and later had attacked two third years at Aldera Junior High. I realise now that one of those boys must have been Bakugou.

'Huh... maybe there's more to him than just an angry face,' I thought.

.
.
.

"Decenr work on yesterday's combat training, everyone," Aizawa said, "I saw the video feeds and went over each of your teams' results."

He looked at Bakugou.
"Bakugou," he said, "you're talented; so don't sulk like a child about your loss, okay?"
Bakugou rolled his eyes.

"Whatever," he groaned. He seemed a lot more docile than yesterday - he probably went home and had a good cry.
"And Midoriya. I saw the only way you won that match was by messing up your arm again," Aizawa said. Midoriya panicked and looked at his feet, eyes wide.

"Work harder," the teacher continued, "and don't give me the excuse that you don't have control over your quirk, that line's already getting old. You can't keep breaking yourself while you're training here, but your quirk will be really useful if you can get a handle on it."

"Right!" Midoriya exclaimed.
"Our first task will decide your future," Aizawa said.

"Another quirk apprehension test?" everyone gasped.
"You will all need to pick a class representative," the teacher mumbled. Everyone sighed in relief.

"Pick me! I wanna be class rep!" Kirishima called out.
"I'll take it!" Denki added. I kept my hands clasped and looked into my lap, the aching pain in my abdomen still apparent.

Everyone started yelling out about how they wanted to be class representative.
"Silence, everyone, please!" Iida yelled, "the class representative's duty is to lead others, it's not something just anyone can do!"

He then went on to lecture us about how the proper representative should behave and stuff. Midoriya turned around and looked at me worriedly.

"Are you okay, Irezumi?" he asked, "you haven't made a peep since class started."
"Yeah... I'm fine," I mumbled, gaining a few looks from a handful of concerned classmates.

.
.
.

"Who voted for him?!" Bakugou yelled, slamming his hands down on his desk.
"Chill, man. you seriously think anyone would've voted for you?" hanta said. I laughed through my nose a bit at that.

I heard uraraka whistling from across the room. Iida was talking to himself about how he couldn't go against the system that was his own idea, Yaoyorozu and Satou butting in.

"Alright, the class rep is Midoriya," Aizawa said tiredly, "and the deputy is Yaoyorozu."
Midoriya was trembling, eyes wide.
"R—really? I—it's not a mistake?" he asked shakily.
"How did this happen?" Yaoyorozu sighed.

"This might not be so bad," Asui said thoughtfully.
"Yeah, I could get by with Midoriya, I guess!" Kirishima commented.

.
.
.

When lunch came around, Mina pulled me over to sit with her, Hanta, Denki, Kirishima and, surprisingly, Bakugou. I figured that the tension between he and I would be really thick, but maybe not.

"Look who I brought!" Mina squealed, sliding in next to Kirishima. I followed, slumping down and watching as somebody slid a bowl of rice in front of me. I poked at it with my chopsticks, sighing.

"Is everything okay, Irezumi?" Kirishima asked. "you've been down since the call yesterday."
"Yeah, did something happen?" Denki asked, "your dad seemed pretty pissed."
"You can tell us if something did," Hanta added.
"If it helps, we think you did really well yesterday!" Mina smiled.

I opened my mouth to speak when a bell went off.
"What's that noise?" I heard Midoriya call out.

"Warning: Level three security breach," a robotic, female voice rang out, "all students, please evacuate the building in an orderly fashion."

My eyes widened.
"Orderly? Screw that!" Mina exclaimed, climbing on top of a table, "it's every man for themselves now!"
She leapt off of the table and into the crowd, where, one by one, everyone on the table was gone. I copied what Mina did, climbing up onto the table and jumping.

I landed on someone but ignored them, barging my way through the crowd. It was harder, because my frame wasn't very bulky so I was really the one getting pushed around.

I was slammed up against the wall, my back against another person, virtually the both of us pressed against the wall.

"Ha, crap. Sorry," I said to whomever was behind me.
"No, it's cool, Flower," Hantams voice said.
"Flex Tape?" I exclaimed.
"Yup. That's me," he said. Someone stepped on my foot and I winced, tucking myself back further.

Hanta draped his arms over my shoulders.
"That more comfortable?" he asked.
"Nothing's comfortable when you're getting trampled," I replied.
"Good point," I said.

Everything stopped moving and I heard Iida calling out in shock.
"It was just the press?!" he exclaimed. I sighed.
"They were tryna get an interview from everyone," I mumbled, "about All Might."

Aizawa and Present Mic were consulting the same woman with the blue suit. Everything started up again and people started trying to barge through to see. I caught a glimpse of Denki and Kirishima trying to travel the opposite way and then getting swept under.

Iida suddenly spun through the air above everyone.
"What the hell?" Hanta said from behind me.

"Listen up, everything is okay!" Iida announced, "it's just the media outside! There's absolutely nothing to worry about! We need to remain calm and prove that we're the best of the best!"

"Look, the police are here!" a girl called out.
"Thank goodness," a boy sighed.

Once the matter had been dealt with, after Present Mic's constant yelling, everyone started moving back. I pried myself from Hanta's grip and mopped my brow.
"Thanks, Flex Tape," I muttered.
"For what?" he tilted his head.
"For keeping me safe from being dragged away!" I replied with a slight smile.

.
.
.

"S—so, we need to figure out who the other class officers will be," Midoriya stammered, Yaoyorozu at his side, "b—but first... Iida should be our class rep!"

Everyone looked at the blue haired boy, whose posture stiffened in surprise.
"He was able to capture everyone's attention and get us in line. So I believe that he should be the one leading our class from now on."

"You know what? If Midoriya vouches for him, I'm good," Kirishima said.
"this is a waste of time," Aizawa said. He was in the corner, curled in his yellow sleeping bag.

Midoriya yelped in surprise when he saw the teacher there.
"I don't care who the rep is, just hurry up," he groaned before laying back down. I tapped my fingers on my desk, staring at the back of Bakugou's head.

'I'll apologise to him after school,' I thought, 'I don't want to have anything against him, or hold a grudge; getting on his good side was what I initially intended to do.'

"If Midoriya is nominating me," Iida stood up, "I will humbly accept! I will carry out the class representative's duties to the best of my abilities!"

"Sounds good, emergency exit!" Kirishima smiled.
"Emergency exit Iida," Denki giggled, "don't let us down, man."
"Oh, I got two more votes than him," Yaoyorozu said disappointedly.