Part 3

Sonakshi's mind weaved a thousand alternate realities as she tried to wrap her head around what happened. Her eyes swollen with all the crying, was heavy but sleep eluded her. All she could imagine was Raima's accusing fingers and Rohit's coldness. Along with that, a flood of memories flashed through her mind. Her body shivered at the thought of that fateful night, where some strange hands were all over her body, tearing her clothes, scratching her soul. She felt the helplessness once again. It had taken her a thousand nights to forget that day and today a row part of that night has come alive in front of her.

She wanted to should to everyone around her that she was a victim too. She was also in trauma for the last four years. A thousand four hundred and sixty days, she had lived with those memories. If it is not for her mother, a strong pillar in her life, she would have taken her life long back. Sonakshi's mind whirled back to Raima.

Is it me who took the four years of life from Raima? Is it me?

She remembered that night and tried to imagine every alternative where she could have got medical care for Raima early.

What have you done God, You made me the exact person who ruined Rohit's life. Am I responsible for that? Is it me?

Whatever way Sonakshi imagined, She could only find herself to blame. She is the one, She is the one who is wearing the scarlet letter. She should be punished. She could have saved Raima somehow, She could have saves Rohit's life. She could not. She failed. Wallowing in guilt, Sonakshi's mind pulled herself into a black hole of depression.