Tall People Can Touch The Sky

Monday, 23rd September 2019, 1500hrs.

Yujin stared at herself in the mirror, a smug grin on her face. At nineteen years old, she was the youngest pilot of Korean Air - a title she was more than willing to mention to anyone who was listening. To celebrate her first successful flight, she had decided to dye her hair blue. The dye box had promised a paler blue, but running her fingers now through the brilliantly blue strands, blue like the colour of a clear sky on a sunny day, she wondered whether it was too much.

Of course it wasn't, she told herself. She was Yujin. Nothing was too much for her.

"Oh, Yujin. You're so attractive, and that hair? Girl, your visuals are out of this world." Yujin crooned, tossing her hair back and winking at herself in the mirror. That's right, she mused. The girls would probably go crazy over the new colour. Crazy in a good way, of course. Satisfied, she put on her pilot uniform and stepped back to admire herself again. Crisp white shirt, gold tie, black suit jacket with three gold stripes around the sleeves. Three for a co-pilot, four for a captain. She couldn't wait to get her fourth stripe. It might come in a few months, if she excelled at her current level. She will, no doubt about that; she's Ahn Yujin, after all.

Grabbing her pilot cap and bags, she headed out to work.

Already on the subway she caught the attention of a few high school girls. They tittered among each other, stealing glances at her. She sent them a flirty wink (the wink she's been practising at home for the sake of Cute Girls) and they giggled, hands covering their blushing faces. Yujin considered approaching them, but she had already arrived at her stop. Ah well. Maybe next time. She doffed her cap at them and stepped out to high-pitched squeals.

She received nearly the same treatment the second she stepped into the aircrew's lounge. Over the span of two minutes her hair was messed up multiple times, what with people touching and fussing over it. As expected, some stewardesses cooed over how ridiculously pretty Yujin was, especially with that bright hair. Yujin preened, accepting the compliments - and hugs from a couple of adoring women - with open arms.

"Ahn Yujin, you look ridiculous." Yujin glanced around for the source of the gruff voice. She spotted one of her pilot seniors, sitting with legs spread and arms crossed on his chest and a disapproving frown on his face.

Giving him a simpering smile, Yujin bowed respectfully to him, purposefully ignoring his comment. "Nice to see you're looking well, senior. How was your flight?"

He huffed. "It was alright. Nothing beats a long break an ocean away from your wife."

"I'm sure you're right." Internally, Yujin rolled her eyes. If he was so keen to get away from his wife, why did he even marry her in the first place? She pitied the poor woman who was attached to him. She felt a tug on her sleeve; one of the stewardesses with long sable hair subtly gestured at an empty break room. Lips curling into a smirk, Yujin bowed again to her senior. "I hope you have a safe trip home later, sir."

She let herself be led into the break room, allowed the stewardess to pin her against the back wall. "Minju," Yujin breathed.

"Yujin." Minju's voice was sultry, her finger tracing the edge of Yujin's jaw. She's a dangerous one, Yujin knew. Known as the queen of flirting, Minju loved stealing hearts, then breaking them a few weeks later. And yet everyone kept coming back for more, because how exactly did one go about staying away from such an ethereal being? Minju pressed her body against Yujin's front. She grabbed Yujin's hands, placing them on her hips. She leaned in, lips inches away from Yujin's. "Ignore that loser. You look amazing with that new hair. Totally my type."