Ch. 4

Mr. Perkins was standing by the gate holding an umbrella when he introduced himself. "My dads not here, Mr. Perkins" said Brand. "Is your mommy home?" Mr. Perkins asked. I rolled my eyes while listening to the conversation, wishing I wasn't here at the moment. I stopped paying attention to what was being said until Mouth nudged me which made me groan quietly. I turned to my brother, "what was that for?!" I whispered loudly to him. Mouth just snickered before going back inside. I followed him in and noticed that Brand had some paper that Mr. Perkins gave him but I didn't even realize till this moment. My eyes fell on Mikey while the boys were talking about how they wanted to stay. I did too but I didn't feel like getting involved in the conversation. Brand turned the tv back on shortly, I had no interest in what was playing. I had realized that all I could hear was the tv, getting up I went to see where the rest of the boys snook off to. I found them in the recreation room plotting to make sure Brand couldn't stop them from leaving. I leaned against the wall laughing quietly at their plan, thinking it wasn't going to work. All four of them immediately turned to me. "Wherever you guys are going, count me in" I said before returning back to where Brand was and pretending to be interested in the tv before they acted on their plan. I saw all four of them come back in and I could barely hide my smile. I glanced at Brand who was too caught up in working out. I gave them a nod and they all walked over to him. Then trapping him with his exercise equipment. "Wait, where are you guys going?? Let me out!" Brand yelled as we left him inside and quickly ran to our bikes. Mouth stopped us because we had to let the air out of Brand's tires so he wouldn't be able to follow. We hear Brand's yells get louder and we take off on our bikes. I looked back and saw Mikey hadn't left yet and I saw Brand run out. Mikey took off before his brother could get to him. I didn't understand why he waited longer, maybe he had second thoughts?